International Tax Compliance Manager
Compliance | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
International Tax Compliance Manager 918796
The International Tax Compliance Manager is a critical role within the Income Tax function of Keysight’s Tax Department. This position is responsible for the review of international aspects of US income tax compliance.
The International Tax Compliance Manager reports to the International Tax Senior Manager. The role has significant interaction with other members of the Keysight Tax team and the finance organization. Members of Keysight’s India Tax Office report to the International Tax Manager to perform preparation, analysis, and first level review assignments. A significant portion of the compliance is prepared by Keysight’s India Tax office located in Manesar, India. Accordingly, the ability to manage global teams remotely is a key skill.
Prepare US tax calculation of international transactions that are required for quarterly US GAAP tax provision and federal income tax compliance, including:
Calculation of tested income and earnings and profits,
Foreign tax credit,
Global intangible low taxed earnings (GILTI),
Foreign derived intangible income (FDII), and
Base-erosion anti abuse tax (BEAT).
Prepare related US international tax compliance forms included within the federal income tax return.
Forms 1118 including: Foreign income inclusions, section 78 gross-up, direct and indirect creditable foreign taxes, tax basis in foreign subsidiaries, allocation and apportionment of expenses to income baskets, etc.
Forms 5471 including: Data collects, trial balance information, allocation and apportionment of expenses to Subpart F income, related party data, basketing of income into 904 baskets, calculation of Subpart F income
Forms 8858 – Information returns for foreign disregarded entities and foreign branches
Form 8890 – 163(j)
Form 8891 – BEAT
Form 8892 – GILTI including: calculation of tested income, taxes apportioned with GILTI income, exclusions for Subpart F and high tax exception, and
Form 8893 – Section 250 Deduction
Assist with management of US tax implications of international income tax positions taken by the company.
Partner with other members of the Tax team to fulfill these responsibilities.
Manage India Tax Team reporting to you, including providing technical instruction, training, oversight, and guidance.
Maintain knowledge of current US income tax law related to international issues and ensure proper application as part of the company's tax compliance processes.
Assist with special projects as necessary, such as tax research, analysis of income tax consequences of transactions, acquisitions, and divestitures, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
- Collaborate across the business, the finance organization and the Keysight global tax team.
- BA/BS degree in accounting. CPA and/or Masters in Tax preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years tax experience in Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent experience in a tax department of a large multi-national corporation.
- Strong understanding of and experience with US international tax principles.
- Experience in preparing international components of a US Tax Return for a large multi-national corporation.
- Exposure to ASC740 (FAS109), FIN48 and accounting principles.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized thinker with strong accounting, analytical and computer skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts.
- High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
- The individual must have the highest standards of integrity, business controls, and business practices.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters OneSource Income Tax and/or International Tax Calculator software is a plus.
$55 per hour Santa Clara, CA 95051 12 Month Assignment