Infrastructure | Hybrid in Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Applied Insight is seeking an Operations Manager / Infrastructure Lead in support of a federal customer. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
- Manage daily infrastructure operations
- Ensure infrastructure team is conducting recurring system health checks
- Ensure management of incident and request ticket queues
- Work directly with partners, stakeholders, and customers to ensure that necessary information is conveyed and priorities established.
- Support projects to support new technology insertion and integration with current infrastructure.
- Support resource management of infrastructure personnel to ensure attainment of service level agreements and support for ongoing projects
- Ensure personnel follow established processes and procedures, and ensure compliance of services and systems
- Overseeing, coordinating, and monitoring IT systems
- Support development of processes and standard operating procedures for infrastructure related systems and services
- Deliver well-organized briefings or presentations to clients and program leadership
- Analyzing technical and business needs for infrastructure systems, identifying opportunities for improvement, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making recommendations to program leadership
- Ensure coverage of infrastructure resources during core business hours and onsite support as required.
- Understand customer expectations and deliver desired results in a timely manner.
- Follow established organizational processes for configuration and change management.
- Support Incident and Problem Management, to ensure timely restoration of impacting outages and mitigate recurrence and duration of incidents
- Support development of weekly, monthly, yearly, and adhoc reporting and metrics
- Facilitate and support Integrated Product Team meetings.
- Report and escalate operational related issues to leadership in a timely manner.
- Support system architecture and technical documentation such as logical diagrams and data flows
- Conduct proof of concepts to test new technologies
- Support After Action Reporting after major incidents and outages
- Ensure operational Disaster Recovery plans and procedures are functional, tested, and documented for managed systems
- Ensure accurate and quality development of documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments by the infrastructure team
- Develop effective communication plans across functional teams, to include external and internal organizations, and government personnel to ensure project success.
- Develop appropriate maintenance documentation such as work instructions, test plans, and backout procedures
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Successful Candidate will be well organized, a self-starter with the ability to grasp new concepts and technologies. They will have experience managing senior level engineers supporting a large IT infrastructure. They will have excellent time management and prioritization skills. They will be technically proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies and able to clearly articulate to leadership issues and recommended courses of action.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance •
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ of related experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree •
- Strong technical background in several infrastructure areas such as Cloud Environments and Services (AWS, VMware Cloud), platforms (Windows and Linux), Virtualization (vSphere), Networking (Cisco), Database, (SQL and Oracle), Storage and Backup (DDVE, FSx), Mobility (WorkSpaceOne) •
- Demonstrated experience supporting IT infrastructure for a federal client •
- Demonstrated strong time management, prioritization, and resource management skills • Proven experience in managing customer expectations and cross-functional teams • Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues •
- Demonstrated experience supporting Incident and Change Management • Demonstrated responsiveness to customer needs • Availability to support flexible hours (business hours, major outages, and maintenance activities) and be on-call 24/7
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience with cloud environments AWS, VMware Cloud, Azure
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint Online
- Adaptive, innovative, and out-of-the box creative thinker
- Team leader and team builder with strong motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands.
- Experience as an Infrastructure Solutions Architect
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.