Allied Health | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time and Contract
TulaRay partners with clients to create staffing solutions that meet unique organizational needs. Our services are designed to reduce administrative burdens, protect your brand, and improve assignment time-to-fill. We believe that mutually successful client relationships are built on lasting quality and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on our uncompromising commitment to high-quality emergency management & healthcare personnel, while ensuring that our clients are taken care of with personalized attention. TulaRay manages total compliance and respectfully supports hundreds of professionals and patient-centered programs.
An Infection Preventionist must have PC-experience with Windows based applications and be currently Certified in Infection Control (CIC) with a minimum of one year of experience using NHSN criteria to identify healthcare associated infections.
· This position helps ensure the accuracy of healthcare-associated infection (HAI) data entered into the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), which houses HAI data from hospitalized patients. The Infection Preventionist will perform these duties in accordance with NHSN rules for assigning surgical site infections that result from colon surgeries.
· The Infection Preventionist will perform retroactive and proactive review of laboratory findings, various scanned reports, operative notes, consultations, orders and various other notes/treatment records within medical records. Apply NHSN case criteria to the medical records to determine whether patients developed a colon surgical site infection post-op.
· Summarize results of audit for each hospital and prepare a corresponding written report. Present results of report to hospital staff with list of changes required to be made in NHSN to reflect audit results.
· Coordinate meetings with hospital staff. Develop timeline to manage completion of project and track progress. Provide updates to supervisor to monitor completion of the project.
· Possess good communication skills, excellent phone etiquette, and an eye for detail.