Senior Project Manager
Capital Project Management | New York, NY | Full Time
Job Title: Senior Project Manager (SPM) - Capital Project Management (CPM)
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Director
Location: New York, NY
Are you interested in working for a company that helps clients reimagine their workspace and are leaders in their industry? If you are savvy, independent, nimble, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you need to read on.
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is looking for a Senior Project Manager in New York that will manage client relationships and projects across the tri-state area as well as help build PPM’s business in the northeastern U.S. Program and projects may require periodic travel farther abroad to service our clients as our presence in the market grows.
Your subject matter expertise is critical in effectively managing your projects as well as growing a team in New York that will help to service clients across the east coast. You will support the team in managing, delivering, and assist in identifying new opportunities and foster existing relationships. You will assist on pitches and proposals while representing PPM. You will manage and lead the coordination of activities of multiple project teams and vendor partners to provide complete support to projects and may lead a small team of project professionals or work independently. You communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. Engagement with the community through industry organizations and community services is another key part of your role. You are the manager all facets of project management including, but not limited to test fit and design drawings, building and site requirements, budget, cost reporting, schedule, procurement, quality & risk, and vendor performance for projects.
Fast forward a year, what will you be doing?
You are an entrepreneur focused on building the business and the team. You are supporting the Director in business development and client pursuits. You are also pursuing your own leads to establish new client relationships in the New York market. You are continually helping operationalize the New York business unit. You are focused on program and project management key initiatives related to creating scope, schedule, budget, and the management of day-to-day projects. You are identifying key individuals to add to your team. You are actively building market presence by participating in industry group membership or events.
How will you get there?
- Need to be able to work autonomously as a Senior Project Manager
- Meet the local team and leadership
- Start to leverage your network by getting out in the market
- Learn and begin to embody the PPM culture, brand, and messaging
- Run your projects with little help or direction
- Work with leadership to identify and go after client pursuits
- Active industry group participation and networking with contacts
- Have a couple of opportunities in the pipeline
- Continual support to your clients and projects
- Establishing a great relationship with your client for future business
What you will need:
- 4-year degree in Construction Management, Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering or related
- 10+ years of construction, design (architecture/engineering), or real estate project management
- Exposure to PMI coursework and terminology; PMP designation is a strong plus
- Experience specifically in managing TI or base building, development projects
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Extensive experience in schedule and budget development, financial cash flow, schedule and budget tracking and controls
- Past experience managing small team of PMs
- Comfortability and able to manage cloud based and online management software
- Well versed in entire MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio and BlueBeam
- LEED Green Associate or AP certification preferred
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management company that helps companies reimagine their workspace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. We are rooted in values, our foundation is bult upon our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Founded in 2009, PPM is headquartered in Seattle with operations across the country including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Because everything we do and everything we are points to our purpose- to reimagine the potential of people and space.