Senior Project Manager
Capital Project Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Senior Project Manager (SPM) – Capital Project Management (CPM)
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management firm that helps companies reimagine their workplace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution though our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. Our teams embody our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Key Company Info
- Our mission is to provide a personalized project management approach with boutique-level connection.
- Our approach is entrepreneurial and scalable, with the highest level of quality and professionalism.
- Our core PPM values are: Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty, & Leadership.
- Our priorities and decision-making start with our People and Partners followed by PPM Performance.
We believe in building great teams that thrive in a collaborative and welcoming environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success as well as the success of our clients and partners.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) role reports directly to the Associate Director and services our Capital Project Management client accounts within the San Francisco Bay area.
The SPM position manages and leads the coordination of activities of multiple project teams and vendor partners to provide complete support to projects and could supervise a small team of PMs, Assistant PMs, and Project Coordinators. A successful candidate has an ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. This role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork, and attention to detail in order to ensure client satisfaction. Must be able to deal with ambiguity and conflicts while maintaining professionalism and focus on the project goals. This role includes business development and a focus on expanding current and future client opportunities.
This person needs to be client focused and service driven; have the ability to build and maintain trust with the client and team; maintain the highest integrity even if it's a harder path; be honest but respectful with the client and team; and provide strong leadership to clients, colleagues, at all levels of this organization.
- Primarily focused Commercial Office Tenant Improvements, Biotech, Life Science, and other key Bay Area sectors
- Entrepreneurial, creative and gritty to partner with Director in developing new business
- Relationship building focus with tenant, brokerage and partner community
- Enjoys working within a team setting but can also lead and be on projects as an individual leader
- Strong PM skills in scheduling, budgeting, cost management, value engineering/value add management, risk management, issue & resolution tracking, and quality controls
- Responsible for leading up to 5+ projects in market simultaneously with different clients from inception to close out
- Utilize Pacific PM project templates and tools
- Develop, solicit, and negotiate project RFPs
- Quality control of projects design, construction and overall project outcome
- Vendor invoice and change order reviews
- Report out on projects to PPM Director on bi-weekly basis
- On a project-by-project basis, supervise a small team of Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers and Project Coordinators
- For direct reports, provide goal setting oversight and follow-up
- Collaborate with Director on team member professional development; this includes, but is not limited to, mentoring team members on project delivery
- Manages all facets of project management including, but not limited to design and test fit drawings, building and site requirements, budget, cost reporting, schedule, procurement, quality & risk, and vendor performance for projects
- Develop and lead a project team of key stakeholders, internal team members and vendor partners who meet the deliverables of the project
- Conduct onsite field audits before, during and after completion of project
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand project documents including but not limited to:
- agreements/contracts, drawings
- client work requests
- vendor proposals
- data management documents
- building infrastructure documents
- Communicates directly with client to define project goals and provide reports on project status and variances
- Provides measurable and timely response to client and team inquiries and concerns
- Utilize PPM and / or client project tools and templates to maintain accurate project documentation files
- Track and manage value logs monthly for qualitative and quantitative value adds to the client projects, client operations, and team
- Flexibility to travel as needed for individual projects within region
- Quality control of projects design, construction and overall project outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 year degree in Construction Management, Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of general contracting, architectural design, or real estate project management
- Exposure to PMI coursework and terminology; PMP designation is a strong plus
- Experience specifically in managing TI or development projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Past experience managing small team of PMs desired
- Well versed in entire MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint, BlueBeam, SalesForce experience a plus
- Extensive experience in developing estimates and managing project budgets effectively
- Must be able to travel to projects located throughout the Bay Area
- Must be able to safely access construction sites
- The person in this role needs to be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.