Project Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Project Manager 782127
- Oversees project delivery, ensures objectives are met, scopes projects appropriately, and delivers on-time, within the scope and within budget. S/he does this by applying project management concepts with a full understanding of project management practices and IT policies and procedures to manage complex projects.
- Leads and facilitates planning sessions with project stakeholders, translating stakeholder input into requirements, scoping/planning documents and ultimately a definitive project plan.
- Structures the phasing/sequencing of the initiative/project or provides input on and takes ownership of the project plan if already developed
- Establishes project methods and templates to ensure adequate planning, tracking, reporting, and change control
- Documents plan appropriately for proper management and storage of project documentation; and protects proprietary and confidential data (PHI, PII, and other legally protected information).
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery, interfacing on technical matters; monitors project performance, and tracks progress against planned activities and milestones.
- Manages project resources and ensures activities are in scope
- Identifies, communicates and mitigates risks and issues
- Conducts analyses for complex, project-related issues and makes recommendations to Program Director, executive team and/or steering committees
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Establishes relationships and creates clear communication channels with key stakeholders and delivery partners.
- Creates and delivers project communications including status reporting to the executive team and/or steering committees
- Ensures project teams are well-informed of product or product roadmap and maintains a deep understanding of the program goals through project delivery.
- Effectively applies judgment and stakeholder management techniques to balance competing requirements with cost, timeline, and complexity
- Escalates issues to Program Manager and/or Program Directors
- Provides direction PAO Team members. Manages diverse project assignments. Acts as advisor to project team members in order to facilitate adherence to project schedules and to resolve technical problems.
- Proactively engages clinics/practices and support departments (e.g. IT) to secure relevant and necessary support in the execution of the project objectives
- Create frameworks and structures to drive project outcomes, ensuring that all relevant policy, internal governance, approvals, and controls, and procedural issues are addressed
- Design and implement a change management process
- Design and lead the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Defines and negotiates any needed acceptance criteria with stakeholders and executes the relevant process
- Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- 4+ years of experience managing projects/program in a healthcare environment
- Requires highly effective organization, management and project management skills.
- Possesses highly effective written and verbal communication skills to convey technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- It is able to establish priorities, goals/objectives, and timelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate and oversee assignments to ensure successful and timely completion as well as to obtain the cooperation of others within and outside the unit.
- Works in a collaborative manner to achieve results.
- Requires strong conceptual and planning skills.
- Has technical project management knowledge of one or more areas.
- Subject matter or technical area expertise preferred.
- Mastery of best practices in project management discipline required.
- Has an understanding of how programs relate to other business strategies and initiatives. Strong knowledge and understanding of service delivery principles.
- Thorough knowledge of subject area sufficient for strategic planning, technology assessment, and direction.
- Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff. Experienced in leading change management activities and managing their impact across the unit or department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical topics to individuals and groups with potentially varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Technical understanding of Epic/Cadence, Epic-Care Ambulatory, Referrals, Prelude-Registration, PB and Reporting systems and integrations/dependencies between those systems.
- Experience in the management of ongoing technology infrastructure acquisition and expansion, to include the identification and integration of suitable emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of technical concepts and basic operating principles of data communications, computer hardware, vendor IT products, and software.
- Ability to understand the process involved to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied products for use within the technical environment.
- Typically 2-5 years of experience managing an information technology project / within a technology organization.
$100 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 12 Month Assignment