Procurement | Denver, CO | Contract
Procurement Specialist 9208661
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent the Procurement function at the location o Act as the day to day first point of contact for the Procurement Service Centre towards the owned site(s) for all non-standard procurement requests, to include leading and communicating information, issues and initiatives etc.
- Give support to the filed requesters to submit ASL request on their behalf.
- Provide local hands on support in case of critical requests on spot purchases and emergency purchases of goods and services for the site
- Manage the physical return of products to vendors
- Support PSC locally in Expediting where direct local supplier contact is required or in case of issue (Logistic, Quality…)
- Collaborate with GM or locale P&S for ad-hoc orders that require their support and improve compliance to channels at the site.
- In agreement with, and at the request of the PSC obtains quotations, evaluate options, recommend supplier(s) and conduct spot buys for locally specific orders
- Represent the AP function at the location
- Provide support, where required, on the invoice document flow
- Support the P2P process locally
- Report on a regular basis on the performance levels of the P2P Metrics.
- Liaise with PSC BPI on preparation of Procurement service level reports and feedback on improvement suggestions. Drive continuous improvement projects
- Meet on a regular basis with internal customers to review Procurement service levels and quality
- Ensure compliance with the P2P channels and processes – in line with SOPs
- Champion the use of 1-Click and provides training to end-users on regular basis.
- Liaise and coordinate with Local Sourcing upon request of PSC for specific and ad-hoc orders that require their support.
- Troubleshoot P2P processing issues with end user (eg: change management, cost allocation, …)
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration (or comparable degree) or requisite work experience
- Understanding of procurement & sourcing systems and SAP a requirement.
- Oil and gas industry experience highly preferred
- Basic knowledge of local supplier landscape
- Good leadership skills
- Basic technical business knowledge to manage local supplier interactions and quotes
- Deep knowledge and existing relationships in operations in one or more GMs
- Negotiation and contracting skills
- Able to analyze and solve problems.Behavior: Passion for customer service
- Effective at cross-functional teamwork Ability to interact and manage several internal customers.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize numerous requests simultaneously Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- 2-4 years experience preferred
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
$25-$30/h Denver, CO 80202 6 month contract