Design | New York, NY | Full Time and Contract
Email Designer 643715
This person will be responsible for delivering innovative and forward-thinking designs that are well-composed, meet the marketing and business objectives, are on brand and follow interactive as well as company design guidelines. Additionally, they will be required to help redefine email practices and new guidelines that will help us move into the future.
The candidate must have excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and a fine eye for detail. They must also be able to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines. All candidates will be required to show a portfolio of their work.
- Attend Creative Kick-offs with Creative Director for various projects
- Meet Daily with Project Manager and Creative Director to review current hot list.
- Concept and create dynamic, cutting-edge email marketing campaigns and one-off, custom pieces for Acquisition, Winback and Retention purposes.
- Pull and analyze reports on email success metrics.
- Route all campaigns via email for approval to appropriate business partners.
- Bring creativity and innovation to existing email practices and materials.
- Familiarize yourself with current entertainment industry marketing trends as it relates to TV and digital streaming.
- Constantly challenge yourself to learn new methodology, tips, tricks, and best practices in everything from email practices, coding, photo manipulation and retouching to type design and production.
- Maintain consistency in developing campaigns while adhering to brand guidelines.
- Comfort in communicating with fellow designers, creative leads and stakeholders of all levels to flag problems and be proactive in every aspect of your work, to ensure that deadlines are regularly met and problems are solved before they become blockers to on time delivery.
- Significant experience in Email design.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Entertainment advertising and related work experience.
- Able to present a solid portfolio showcasing cutting edge marketing, graphic design and at a working knowledge and ability to do some animation.
- Solid understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to be pixel accurate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment.
- Enthusiasm about breaking new ground and developing new design processes that will better our efficiencies
- A love for technology and creativity and how both, when used properly, can make email marketing designs more effective.
- Familiarity with popular streaming services and current TV marketing, advertising and programming trends.
- Confidence in your marketing and design prowess, with photo manipulation/comping/masking experience, and proficiency in Adobe’s Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator). Some retouching and color adjusting knowledge/experience is necessary.
- The attitude to be an all-around team player, knowing that you’ll go above and beyond the call of duty whenever necessary.
- The willingness to learn and use internal processes, including formatting, file naming, and archiving.
You might also have –
- Degree in Art / Graphic Design.
- An interest in pop culture and understanding about the current trajectory of new media.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and a fine eye for detail.
- A basic understanding of HTML. An ability to hand-code would be a plus, but the focus of this position is design. The breakdown of design to coding would be 90/10.
You must be able to work both independently and with a team. You can proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders when necessary, and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
$40-$45 Per Hour New York, NY 3 Month Assignment