Editorial | Burbank, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary | From $25.00 to $25.00 per hour
Commerce Writer 1104850
A leading digital streaming network is looking for a Commerce Writer. The successful candidate will write and produce 10-15 pieces of shoppable content per week, featuring the latest products that will resonate with the reader. The ideal candidate has prior professional journalism experience. The company offers a great work environment!
Commerce Writer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $25/hr
- Worksite: Leading digital broadcasting and media company (Remote)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 5 Month Assignment
Commerce Writer Responsibilities:
- Write and produce 10-15 pieces of shoppable content per week, featuring the latest products that will resonate with the reader.
- Build, maintain and update articles with affiliate links in CMS.
- Identify viral and emerging trends/products and pitch for write-ups.
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative and optimized for affiliate partnerships.
- Provide insight for clever angles as well as shareable headlines and lead images.
- Optimize and update articles to take advantage of traffic, affiliate, and SEO trends.
Commerce Writer Qualifications:
- 1-3 years professional journalism experience, commerce experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, media, or related fields.
- Experience working with, and optimizing to, different affiliate revenue sources.
- Experience with SEO tools, SQL, Tableau, Big Query databases, Omniture, or Google Analytics.
- Experience writing with confidence about a variety of consumer products.
- Experience writing "best-of" lists and other shopping content.
- Experience optimizing content for SEO.
- Strong and fast-paced writing skills for a digital publication.
- A track record of accurate reporting, careful research, and an accessible editorial voice.
- Excellent attention to detail and experience producing revenue-generating content.
- High degree of personal initiative and curiosity.
- Collaborative work style, clear communication skills, excellent time management, and analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of top e-commerce brands – you know how and where to find great deals.
- Interest in celebrities and the types of products they use in their daily lives.
- Interest in SEO, affiliate partnerships, and/or marketing programs.