IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
APeX/Epic Trainer 792111
Involves the design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems. Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs. Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols. Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis. May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Designs and conducts user training in clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and/or operating systems at all levels of complexity. Develops effective tools and aids for systems training.
- Creation/modification of course materials/lesson plans, tips & tricks, web-based content and manage content published on APeX Knowledge Databank. Develops dissemination strategies to inform end-users of changes.
- Build and management of MST training environment for end-user training and simulations. Use Epic tools to support environment build including mitosis, appointment builder and patient duplicator. Work with Subject Matter Experts to build scenarios to make training realistic.
- Collaborates with key clinical users on complex projects to modify workflow due to new releases and system upgrades. Plans and develops improvements in the functionality and efficiency of clinical applications. Liaison between vendors and IT leadership. Establishes scope and requirements for training initiatives.
- Plans, implements, and supports clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems of moderate scope and complexity. Contributes to estimates of resource needs and scheduling of system upgrades and modifications.
- Works on complex initiatives to analyze patient care workflow in various clinical departments, and to develop and define information technology solutions for improved system integration and functionality. Organizes medical record tools and data. Applies innovation in the management of complex scenarios.
- Contributes to the development of new projects at all levels of scope and complexity. Performs systems analysis, planning, and preparation, coding, testing, implementation and client/vendor coordination.
- Troubleshoots escalated issues of moderate complexity and scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments, and outside vendors. Proposes new solutions in regards to workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed.
- Participates in the development of complete, concise and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to management staff
- Realigns based upon business and clinical needs. Looks to new opportunities to address customer service challenges. Documents issues and develops/communicates plans to address.
- Estimates project time requirements, addresses gaps, participates in feasibility assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Epic certification in Prelude, ADT and/or Cadence
- Epic Clinical Applications: Ambulatory, Orders, ClinDoc, Stork, Willow, Beacon, Kaleidoscope, Radiant, HOD, Home Health
- Epic Revenue Cycle Applications: Prelude, ADT/Cadence, HB/PB, HIM, Optime Scheduling
- Broad and/or in-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s). Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively, train, support, and work collaboratively with users of clinical information systems at all professional and technical levels.
- Detail-oriented, with proven organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and see projects through to completion on deadline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical application users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting, with the ability to design and execute tests, analyze system performance data and produce substantive reports and analyses.
- Ability to work with senior staff and managers, serving as a technical resource and providing advice and counsel on issues of functionality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, policy, and performance.
- Three years of related work experience
$85 per hour San Francisco, CA 94103 11 Month Assignment