UI/UX Designer - Secret Clearance Required
Graphic Designer | Arlington, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Applied Insight is seeking a highly skilled and creative UI/UX Designer with strong front-end development abilities to join our United States Marshals Service Team in Arlington, Virginia. As a UI/UX Designer, you will design intuitive, user-centric interfaces and craft seamless user experiences for our customers.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Design and develop intuitive user interfaces for web applications
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements and translate them into user-centered design concepts
- Conduct user research, gather user feedback, and incorporate findings into the design process to create optimal user experiences
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to communicate design ideas and interactions effectively
- Implement and maintain design systems, style guides, and UI component libraries to ensure consistent and cohesive user experiences across products
- Collaborate closely with back-end developers to integrate front-end code with server-side logic and databases
- Conduct usability testing and gather user feedback to iterate and enhance designs based on user needs and preferences
- Participate in design reviews, provide constructive feedback, and contribute to a positive team environment
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience, additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Proven experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, or similar software.
- Experience with front-end frameworks and libraries like Angular, React, or Vue.js
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, information architecture, and interaction design.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Ability to work as an individual or part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.