Agile Software Developer
Software Engineering | Herndon, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
***MUST HAVE Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph***
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Agile Software Developer, you will provide development engineering and programming support to projects and infrastructure support activities.
- Provides development engineering and programming support to projects and infrastructure support activities.
- Designs and develops enterprise applications in a Web environment.
- Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions.
- Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- May manage websites including design, develop, deploy and maintain activities as well as performs testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications.
- Coverts project specification and statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into computer language.
- Develops and writes computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Performs maintenance on existing software products and contributes knowledge of business applications.
- Writes programs according to specifications needed.
- Provides technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects.
- Ensures that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, technically correct, and that they represent singular concepts.
- Ensures that the proposed objects are consistent with data and process models.
- Works with the technical staff to understand problems had with software and then resolve them.
- Resolves customer complaints with the software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts. Prepares required documentation.
Software Developer Level 1
- Bachelor's and 0 years, or Associate and 1.5 years; or 3 years SW Development experience
Software Developer Level 2
- Bachelor's plus 3 years, or 7 years' experience
Software Developer Level 3
- Bachelor's plus 6 years; or 10 years' experience
Software Developer Level 4
- Bachelor's plus 11 years; or 15 years' experience
Software Developer Level 5
- Bachelor's plus 16 years, or 21 years' experience
Software Developer Level 6
- Bachelor's plus 16 years, or 21 years' experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.