Professional Services | Gold River, CA | Full Time
We are a growing company with a solid customer base, excellent compensation and benefits, and a collaborative yet flexible work environment. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to deliver innovative business solutions, and you're interested in working for an entrepreneurial company, we may have a home for you.
Performance Technology Partners (PTP) is seeking an Accessibility Consultant to join our team of qualified, diverse consultants. This position is located in Sacramento, California.
The Accessibility Consultant will participate throughout the auditing and remediation phases assessing, testing, and reviewing websites for accessibility, identifying potential accessibility compliance issues, and suggesting possible mitigation and correction strategies. The accessibility consultant will work with designers and application developers, as well as the customers, to ensure that accessibility and Section 508 compliance are met.
The successful candidate will demonstrate understanding of both Section 508 and W3C WCAG 2.1 standards for accessibility. They will conduct evaluations of existing websites against that standard and will document their findings and make recommendations for accessibility improvements ranked by severity and track items to completion.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide both on-site and off-site consultant services
- Advise on tools and ongoing processes/procedures to maintain Section 508 compliance
- Use assistive technology, software tools and manual techniques to test applications, multimedia, and PDF documents for Section 508 compliance
- Write compliance assessment reports noting compliance failures, accessibility issues, and suggested remediation techniques working in partnership with development teams to ensure an understanding of compliance issues and necessary remediation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent to include 4 years of Section 508 accessibility certification experience
- Minimum of 1 year of Section 508 consulting experience on the Salesforce platform
- Minimum of 2 years of Section 508 consulting experience for large-scale pension or wealth-related investment companies with Assets Under Management (AUM) in excess of $100B
- Highly proficient in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Section 508 testing
- Extensive knowledge of assistive technologies and Section 508 testing tools/techniques and experience with accessibility compliance assessments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts (technical and non-technical).
- Must have experience implementing WCAG 2.1, Section 508, and ARIA with public sector clients
- Must have knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Must have an understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and SDLC documentation
- Previous State of California experience
- Experience with California AB434 compliance projects