Sr. Data Engineer
Data Analytics | Remote in San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary | From $80.00 to $90.00 per hour
Sr. Data Engineer 11275
A leading professional development and networking company is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer. The successful candidate will extract and analyze our data to derive actionable insights. The ideal candidate has a BS/MS degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. Data Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $80-$90/hr
- Worksite: Leading professional development and networking (Remote, Candidates in Pacific time zone preferred, Must work Pacific office hours)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 40 hours/week, 10 Month Assignment
Sr. Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Extract and analyze our data to derive actionable insights.
- Formulate success metrics for completely novel products, socializing them and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them.
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas and convert the results into actionable product recommendations.
- Determine (as an end consumer of the data) the tracking necessary to enable analytics of our products and features by working closely with product and engineering partners.
- Enable others in the organization to utilize your work by onboarding new metrics into our self-serve data system and the experimentation platform.
- Develop models and data-driven solutions that add material lift to principal performance metrics.
Sr. Data Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience developing applications, software, and web analytics.
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java or Python and working with large datasets.
- 3+ years of work experience in design and implementation of Data warehouse, Data Analytics solutions, and building data pipelines.
- 3+ years of work experience with cloud computing solutions in AWS, Azure, etc.
- 3+ years of work experience providing analytical insights and business reports to product or business functions.
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy, or other data visualization and BI dashboarding tools.
- BS/MS degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.
- Experience in Spark, Hadoop, or other MapReduce paradigms and associated languages such as Pig, Sawzall, etc. is preferred.
- Experience presenting insights to executive staff on a regular basis is preferred.
- Expertise in applied statistics and in at least one statistical software package, preferably R is preferred.
- Proficiency in SQL and in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting is preferred.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc. is preferred.
- Preferred experience in Airflow, DBT, etc.
- Advanced skills in Python/Java/C++ are preferred.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences is preferred.
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analysis is preferred.