VP Workspace Consulting
Consulting | New York, NY | Full Time
Job Title: VP Workspace Consulting
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Location: New York, Chicago, Dallas
Are you interested in working for a company that helps clients reimagine their workspace and are leaders in their industry? If you are savvy, caring, inventive, nimble, and resourceful, you need to read on.
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is looking for a VP of Workspace Consulting Services to lead the US business platform, from New York, Dallas, or Chicago, reporting directly to the CEO. This is a new position based on the growth goals of the company. You will have a direct impact on the strategy and the future of the company. This means you will also share in the profitability of the organization. You will have the chance to create something and see through to implementation with a more holistic approach. You will have the opportunity to build but also have the support of a strong, diverse team across all our U.S. locations. Your opinions are heard and respected. Decisions are made quickly so there is not a lot of bureaucracy. There is open communication with a willingness to support the solution. PPM is looking for a leader to steer them to alternative solutions in workspace strategy while being creative. You will be part of the thought leadership of the team.
You will develop the consulting business for the US business platform, which includes developing plan executions for business and sales strategies. You will hire, develop, and retain top thought leadership. You will provide the process and organizational structure to scale the business. You will lead all consulting teams, oversee all consulting activities, and develop new business while growing existing business. You will work directly with clients to provide high value consulting, identifying their needs and requirements, and relay information to product/project management. You will be well informed with current trajectory and gaps in ongoing business projects. You will partner with senior management and stakeholders within the business to identify the best strategic models for ongoing business processes. You will manage and mentor your team, share best practices, and develop strategic approaches that drive change within the business. You will act as the player and coach until you can assume a more general manager position of the workspace consulting platform. You will fully develop the consulting practice, providing growing, sustainable and balanced services across the national platform. Your goal is to be the partner of choice for top client work and team member talent. You will have the proven platform to cross sell into other service lines. Your goal is to contribute to 20% of PPM’s profitability. We will roll up our sleeves to make you successful.
Fast forward a year, what will you have achieved?
You have created, developed, and executed your 1-3-5 year roadmap for the Workspace Consulting business unit (BU). You have reached out to your network and have started to develop new clients. You have won new business. You have developed your hiring strategy as well as started to hire new members for your team. You have won and are executing new business. You have created your partner program. Your quarter-by-quarter strategy is complete. You are recognized as a thought leader in the community as well as our domain. You are the partner of choice for top client work and team member talent. You have the proven platform to cross sell into other service lines. You are a respected leader. You are happy.
How will you get there?
- Get to know the internal business and key stakeholders
- Proactively reaching out to the teams, and key clients or other partners across the different geographies to learn the business
- Start to reach out to your networks and contacts
- Align with marketing to promote yourself as well as the business
- Partner with the BU’s to understand their value proposition, strengths, and history
- Develop your quarter-by-quarter strategy for year 1
- Understand all the internal tools and have identify any gaps
- Leverage the appropriate partners in the business
- Develop your partner network
- Build your staffing and hiring plan
- Suggest opportunities for growth including potential acquisitions
- Fully networked in the company
- Discover how to cross sell the other PPM service lines
- Work with Marketing to formally market you to the industry
- Identify top 50 client targets and why
- Develop, validate and memorialize your 1 – 3 year strategy
- Identify potential consultants for your projects
- Speak on the circuit; involved with industry groups, know the players in the market around thought leadership
- Understand the purpose, goals, priorities of the company and ask questions
What you will need:
- Expert experience in consulting, advisory or professional services
- Well networked in the community and the industry
- Considered a thought leader in your domain
- Actively involved in client marketing activities, including cross selling of services
- Created and executed business proposal process including delivering presentations, negotiating fees, and contract negotiations
- Matrix Management model experience including oversight of administrative and technical staff
- Successfully have grown and led a consulting practice/team with Corporate Services, Project Management or Program Management industry
- Strong leadership, problem solving and communication skills
- Masters degree in Architecture, Business, Real Estate, Construction, Engineering a +
- Ability and willingness to travel
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program & project management company that helps companies reimagine their workspace to enable the potential of people. We provide personalized and resourceful solutions, while remaining connected and with the assurance of providing quality outcomes.
Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize personalized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of Workplace consulting (WC), Capital Project Management (CPM), and Transition & Relocation Management (TRM), PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. We are rooted in values, our foundation is built upon our STIHL Values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Founded in 2009, PPM is headquartered in Seattle with operations across the country including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Because everything we do and everything we are points to our purpose- to reimagine the potential of people and space.