Sr Software Engineer, DevOps
Software ENG & DEV | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps 985320
A leading data protection company is looking for a Sr Software Engineer, DevOps to further develop and support DevOps features for a data protection solution. The successful candidate will be required to build DevOps automation to quickly create, manage and teardown Kubernetes-based infrastructure on demand. The ideal candidate has development experience in the Kubernetes environment, as well as strong experience with using Terraform and Ansible. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $65/hr
- Worksite: Leading data protection company (Santa Clara, CA 95054)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps Responsibilities:
- Build DevOps automation to quickly create, manage, and teardown Kubernetes-based infrastructure on demand. The automation framework would target on-premise and cloud Kubernetes environments including but not limited to Google, Amazon, Azure, VMWare, and Redhat Openshift.
- Required to deploy application containers in the clusters in an automated way on the clusters that are brought up. The main goal of the automation is to provide Engineers and developers a self-help way to deploy and tear down Kubernetes clusters in a consistent way.
- Required to set up any other automation that would be needed by the team.
Sr Software Engineer, DevOps Qualifications:
3+ years of relevant experience in a related field of study or MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
Knowledge and hands-on experience in Terraform and Ansible.
Knowledge and hands-on experience in scripting languages like python or shell.
Knowledge and experience of deploying applications for any of the popular public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, and Google using Terraform and Ansible.
Experience in automating the deployment of and maintenance of docker-based applications for Kubernetes environment for cloud and/or on-prem.
Proficient in the use of REST API and web services.
Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development).
Knowledge or experience in using Virtualization technologies like Docker, Hypervisor, Virtual Machines. (preferred)
Working knowledge of standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory) is a plus.
Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a distributed and multinational environment. (preferred)
An understanding of data protection solutions for file systems, storage, and cloud technologies is an advantage. (preferred)
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment