Senior Marketing Manager
Marketing | Newark, NJ | Full Time and Contract
Senior Marketing Manager 951220
We are a leading digital publishing and audiobook company looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Manager to make an immediate impact in improving the customer experience by increasing the visibility and accessibility of membership to all shoppers. This individual will work collaboratively with partner teams to improve targeting modeling and personalized recommendations across the site through multivariate testing informed by in-depth data analysis.
The successful candidate will identify use-cases and requirements for feature releases that natively improve the customer experience and will also be responsible for leading a worldwide overhaul of traffic reporting and attribution across all sites. This will require extensive research and SQL + Excel work, resulting in the development of a new tool and processes for marketers to adopt for campaign management. This technical work will require international coordination, building of user facing manuals and tools using Excel Macros, interpreting complex data sets, and working with technical product teams to improve reporting compliance.
- Partner with data science and engineering to develop and test personalization strategies emphasizing membership and one-time purchases across all placements
- Manage audit of inbound reporting systems and develop future-proof SOP for marketers to accurately track marketing assets.
- Build user friendly, yet back end complex, reporting validation to reduce data gaps and remove misattribution of traffic sources.
- Identify customer experience gaps on landing and search pages, leading to work with Product Management team to identify requirements and roadmap solutions.
- Coordinate with worldwide teams to extend and localize US tactics for Global sites.
- 8+ years’ experience in digital marketing or product management which included some, or all, of: defining requirements, developing new campaigns, developing SOPs, and working with technical stakeholders.
- Experience pulling and analyzing large datasets.
- Advanced Excel and data analytics, capable of manipulating data in order to perform analysis.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Many projects are new and success criteria have yet to be defined. A successful candidate will see these projects through from initial theme to completion.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across brand, product, UX and data science to meet aggressive goals.
- Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary rather than delegate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or a similar field.
- Experience building reports in SQL and Tableau.
- Microsoft Access
- Experience in Paid and Organic Search Management
Passion for spoken word audio content.
Remote 6 month assignment