Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Hospital Operator 894536
The Operator Services Unit is the “front door” for both the community. Operator Services staff answers both internal and external calls, providing requested information. The telephone operator must have the ability to act independently in the absence of a supervisor or manager as well as be proactive and have the analytical skills to provide assistance in a wide variety of areas.
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $23
- Worksite: Leading medical institution, San Francisco, CA 94115
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
- Operates Siemens PBX Console, Northern Telecom Console, AMCOM, smartweb database
- Answer and extent all incoming calls in polite, helpful and professional manner.
- Provides caller assistance with regard to location and telephone number.
- Provides local and long distance call placement for in-house staff. Connects callers to appropriate external operators.
- Answer emergent telephone lines.
- Provides after hours support, as needed.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Good customer service
- Prior experience in a communication position – i.e. switchboard, Comm Tech, PBX Operator strongly preferred
- Work experience with a “windows application” on PC
- Second language skill may be used in the work environment
- Day Shift to start, transitioning to Swing/Midday shifts, flexibility to work weekends required
- 40 hours/week, 1 Month Assignment