Workplace Manager II
Transition & Relocation Management - Account | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management firm that helps companies reimagine their workplace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution though our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. Our teams embody our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Key Company Info
- Our mission is to provide a personalized project management approach with boutique-level connection.
- Our approach is entrepreneurial and scalable, with the highest level of quality and professionalism.
- Our core PPM values are: Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty, & Leadership.
- Our priorities and decision-making start with our People and Partners followed by PPM Performance.
We believe in building great teams that thrive in a collaborative and welcoming environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success as well as the success of our clients and partners.
This Workplace Manager II role reports directly to the Workplace Program Manager and services one of our Transition & Relocation Management client accounts located in Arlington, VA.
The Workplace Manager II position leads the existing space occupancy planning and data management, small move projects (including individual, transfer and leaves) and is a customer-facing representative for the clients’ Global Real Estate and Facility Management team. A successful candidate has an ability to communicate clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. This role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork, and attention to detail in order to insure client satisfaction. A Workplace Manager II may be responsible for direct reports and may report on a campus or smaller region of sites. Must be able to deal with conflicts while maintaining professionalism and focus on the project goals. This role reports directly to a Program Manager, Senior Project Manager or Associate Director. This role is on our Accounts team which is dedicated to one of our larger Seattle based clients. All projects are within the client's North America real estate portfolio.
- Maintains database of project floor plans, space assignments, occupancy, vacancy and utilization data for assigned sites.
- Regular audits of the existing space for changes to architecture, FF&E and signage.
- Provides programmed plans and helps coordinate with the team space resets after floors are vacated during a move.
- Updates, runs and distributes monthly report for all site locations, including last date of audit, square footage, HC, desk count, locker counts, occupancy and vacancy information.
- Maintains strong multi-level customer contact and relationships and directs space needs.
- Supports Launch, Move and Reset teams by providing accurate space floor plans and assignment data as required.
- Initiates, tracks and completes Individual Move Requests for employees on a weekly basis.
- Updates seat assignments with new hires, transfers, terminations and distributes to client and strategic planning teams as requested.
- Demonstrates ability to lead vendors and clients for moving teams into new work spaces in existing or new office space.
- Manage multiple projects and project team priorities simultaneously from inception to close out.
- Provides measurable and timely response to client inquiries, work requests, and concerns.
- Develop and lead a project team of key stakeholders, internal team members and vendor partners who meet the deliverables of the project
- Demonstrates capability to read and understand project documents including but not limited to: drawings, client work requests, and space data management documents and reports.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and summarize space occupancy data in a clear, concise manner.
- Conduct onsite site verification walks before, during and after completion of project.
- Develops and maintains complete knowledge of vendor service and material capabilities. Complete understanding of vendor processes and deliverables.
- Oversee the project administrative processes and maintain accurate project documentation files in a timely manner.
- Facilitates space occupancy and project meetings (if required) and insures that all meetings are accurately documented and distributed.
- Track and manage project issues and resolutions.
- Will assist the company by outstanding project delivery, client service, process improvements and support.
- Models professionalism and core company values
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch)
- Minimum of 6-8 years of related experience
- Previous space occupancy planning or data management experience preferred
- Experience with computer-aided facility management (CAFM) experience a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel), and other data management software
- Must be able to inspect design plans and documents for accuracy
- Roles requires daily communication with client and team members
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at various levels, demonstrating the ability to build consensus for decision-making
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner, works well in a team environment
- Periodical evening and weekend work required during building opening, relocation and employee move projects
- Must be able to move within and between client buildings more than 50% of the day
- The person in this role needs to be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.