Revenue Cycle Analyst
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Revenue Cycle Analyst 796156
- Analyzes complex financial data and identifies trends in revenue cycle operations.
- Summarizes data and presents reports to leadership.
- Liaisons with departments to thoroughly define reporting and information requirements.
- Identifies data sources, develops and delivers routine and ado reports and presentations.
- Proposes changes or enhancements to systems to improve reporting capabilities.
- Compiles reports and analyzes results regarding department billing performance, provider reimbursement, and/or other data pertinent to the revenue cycle.
- Audits data input for all components of the Professional Fee Billing revenue cycle management.
- Perform ad hoc analyses or process improvement projects as assigned to optimize MGBS performance.
- Evaluates revenue cycle workflows to propose improvements in efficiencies and timeliness.
- Collaborates with and coordinates between departments to design new workflows, in order to maximize revenues.
- May review selected EOB information by specialty to analyze reimbursement levels from various carriers. Develops recommendations to improve reimbursement levels.
- Aware of government regulations, reimbursement issues and other matters having a potential financial impact.
- Represents MGBS on committees, task forces, and workgroups.
- Works proactively with departments across the system to assure appropriate revenue cycle practices and compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Delivers training to Clients on revenue cycle systems, processes, and procedures.
- Revenue Cycle Systems training areas include registration, insurance verification, and authorization processes to mitigate insurance denials and optimize the revenue cycle.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Master's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- 3-5 years of experience with data analysis functions/applications, industry standards, and best practices.
- Detail-oriented, with proven ability to effectively manage time, see tasks and projects through to completion, organize competing priorities, and effectively address complex, urgent issues as they arise.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interpret and convey complex clinical finance information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to prepare compelling and informative reports and presentations.
- Thorough understanding of the issues, processes, reporting instruments, metrics, analytics, and other tools and techniques involved with measuring and analyzing the revenue cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively on complex projects in a team environment with staff from a wide variety of business and clinical areas.
- Proven ability to work with managers, serving as a technical resource, providing recommendations and advice on regulatory changes, and industry trends and developments in revenue cycle management.
- Advanced MS Access and Excel
- Strong skills in report development, dashboard design, and various software tools specific to healthcare revenue cycle management.
- Skills in a common database, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, procedures, and concepts of the healthcare revenue cycle and its component operations, including billing, collections, charge capture, contractual adjustments, third-party reimbursements, and cash management.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of workflows and systems and propose innovative solutions.
$35 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 9 Month Assignment