Payroll | New York, NY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Payroll Specialist 1110255
A leading digital streaming network is looking for a Payroll Specialist. The successful candidate will audit all HR transaction input for accuracy and completeness (e.g. New Hires, Terminations, Salary Changes). The ideal candidate has prior experience processing multi-state payrolls (with emphasis on NY and CA). The company offers a great work environment!
Payroll Specialist Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $35 - $40/hr
- Worksite: Leading digital streaming network (New York, NY 10019)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Audit all HR transaction input for accuracy and completeness (e.g. new hires, terminations, salary changes).
- Calculate and enter retroactive salary payments.
- Reconcile biweekly executive 401(k) plan compensation and deductions.
- Reconcile and upload biweekly time and attendance files.
- Reconcile and upload biweekly tuition reimbursement files.
- Maintain leave of absence log and enter employee overrides when applicable
- Maintain severance log and employee reconciliations, create and upload associated payroll file.
- Process special payment runs (e.g. Bonus, Equity Compensation, Commission).
- Set up additional pay and general deductions for employees as needed.
- Update employee tax information.
- Process court-ordered wage garnishments and levies.
- Process reversals and off-cycle checks.
- Reconcile, transmit, and release direct deposit and positive pay files.
- Research and respond to employee/HR inquiries.
- Act as the liaison between Payroll and HRIS/Benefits.
- Complete mortgage/employment verification forms.
- Test application tax release and maintenance packs.
- Print and seal paychecks.
- Place online stop payments and reversals.
- Process W2 reissue requests.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Perform backup duties as needed.
Payroll Specialist Qualifications:
- Experience with PeopleSoft Payroll for North America (v9.0+) required.
- Experience in an environment using PeopleSoft Time & Labor and/or PeopleSoft Absence Management (v9.0+) highly desirable.
- SAP Payroll experience.
- Experience with regular production work , running payroll.
- Experience processing multi-state payrolls (with emphasis on NY and CA) required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal, State, and Local payroll regulations required.
- Ability to understand relationship between HR/Benefits policies/programs and payroll.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office suite.
- Large company experience required.