Payroll | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary | From $30.00 to $30.00 per hour
Payroll Analyst 1101507
A leading technology company is looking for a Payroll Analyst. The successful candidate will participate in the processing of regular ongoing payrolls for 5,000+ employees in the Americas Region. The ideal candidate has payroll experience in a mid-to-large multi-state company. The company offers a family-oriented culture and environment!
Payroll Analyst Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $30/hr
- Worksite: Electronics Testing and Measurement Company (Santa Rosa, CA 95403, Open to remote candidates located in Pacific Standard Time)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment, Possibility of extension
Payroll Analyst Responsibilities:
- Participate in processing of regular ongoing payrolls for 5,000+ employees in the Americas Region.
- Lead special projects as related to the payroll function to bring value to the company through process improvement and streamlining processes, automation, etc.
- Design, document, and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to achieve high-quality outcomes and deliverables.
- Review, audit, and balance all payroll-related input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries, benefits and garnishments, compliant with federal & state regulations.
- Create and update payroll ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes.
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and taxes.
- Stay up to date on state and federal payroll and tax laws.
Payroll Analyst Qualifications:
- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as described, including courses in accounting, business procedures, algebra, math, statistics, or related subjects; payroll processing and benefits experience.
- Payroll experience in mid-to-large multi-state company required.
- Experience within high tech industries recommend but not needed.
- CPP or FPC or an equivalent payroll certification.
- Complete understanding of payroll process, tax laws, and SOX policies & controls for US.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to define problems, collect data to establish facts, draw a valid conclusion and report on findings for resolution.
- Ability to understand/review the payroll system to improve processes.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams recommended.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and hands-on mentality to complete operational work.
- Proficient in PC skills including Word, Outlook, and Excel; Expertise in excel is required with the ability to perform pivots, Vlookups, and other functions within Excel.
- Experience with ADP (Vantage and eTime or other major platforms) a plus.
- Understanding of payroll’s cross-functional dependencies and activities to support effective process design.
- Federal and State tax knowledge application.