Clerical/Administrative | Oakland, CA | Part Time, Contract, and Temporary
Mailroom Clerk 857098
Position is 20 hours per week as needed per the below. 8:00am - 4:00pm Corporate Real Estate Workplace Services seeks a mailroom clerk to join its Workplace Services mailroom team. The candidate should be organized, energetic, and customer service oriented, with at least 2 years of experience in a related field. The job entails that most of its work is performed either standing or walking, with minor lifting and handling of moderately heavy boxes. Additionally, the mailroom clerk will need to be familiar with the basic Microsoft operating system and Outlook email, as well as the use of basic office equipment including photocopy machines, facsimile machines, binding machines, etc. As the Mailroom Clerk will likely need to make trips to a centralized postal facility for special services or other requirements, a valid driver's license and clean driving record is preferred.
The role will be assigned to the mail room located in the offices in Oakland, but will also need to be trained in the Pleasanton offices where this role will perform mailroom duties from time to time as well.
- Receive and sort mail and load it on delivery carts or conveyor system
- Receive, sort, and record all packages and load onto carts
- Distribute mail and packages to appropriate recipients or departments
- Maintain the record of incoming mail, packages and other deliveries
- Gather mail from every department and sort accordingly
- Ensure processing of outgoing mail to courier
- Ensure processing of outgoing packages to shipping partners
- Produces lists, forms or other documents as required and tabulates batch totals
- Count and record inventory items
- Assist in filing and archiving documents
- Perform data entry activities
- Maintain adequate mailroom supplies
- Post shipping labels on packages
- Complete shipping forms when necessary, and ensure complete information on received shipping forms
- Arrange for courier services to deliver mail and packages
- Assist in managing and operating postage machine and ensuring postage amount is above the minimum balance
- Support to pack and answer all postal questions for customers requiring assistance
- Participate at mailroom reception and assist customers.
- Respond to routine questions, provide information and direct inquiries to appropriate department.
- Requires knowledge of proper grammar and excellent customer service skills.
- 2 years of experience in a related field.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
$17.50 Per Hour Oakland, CA 94612 20 hour/week 3 Month Assignment