Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
HR Assistant 825505
Under the direction of the HR Operations Manager, the HR Operations Assistant is responsible for having a diverse HR skill set with a strong commitment to customer service and will be the first point of contact, service, and support for a variety of HR-related inquiries. This position requires multitasking with the ability to research questions in real-time while providing world-class customer service including answering questions in through a variety of channels; in-person, over the phone, through email and the CRM system. This position requires the ability to remain flexible as unforeseen needs arise and navigate through multiple systems and resources to provide sufficient and thoughtful responses to reach a resolution. Strong communication skills are imperative for this role as the ability to effectively communicate HR policies, contracts and other HR information in a clear and concise manner is paramount. Adequately follow-up as necessary including providing timelines and status reports. Ability to escalate when necessary. This position requires resourcefulness; strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems and issues all while using exemplary active listening skills. She/he/they must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining a calm presence. Strong technological abilities are required including the use of Outlook, Microsoft products, Adobe products, and strong phone skills including handling a high volume of calls, checking voicemails and transferring calls as needed while maintaining a positive attitude and a high level of accuracy. A training mentality and ability to walk others through steps in a process to complete paperwork or transactions are necessary and a strong drive to uncover process improvements. Other duties include personnel filing, coordinating and overseeing file reviews, including during audits or regulatory reviews and knowledge of and adherence to the UC file retention policy. Additionally, the HR Operations Assistant will assist the HR Office Coordinator with essential office work including but not limited to; office supply ordering, badge creation, I9 verification and reverification, and ensuring HR packets and pamphlets are properly stocked and distributed accurately. This position will also use her/his knowledge of PeopleConnect (PC), PeopleSoft (PS) and OLPPS to accurately enter employee data to process a wide range of Management Actions (MAFs) for Health staff.
- Serves as the first point of contact, service, and support for a variety of HR-related inquiries that come in through phone, in-person, by email or CRM.
- Adequately responds to inquiries, provides Tier 1 advice and counsel to client groups according to established human resources policies and procedures, documentation, training and follows up as needed
- Manages sensitive and confidential information and effectively and collaboratively interacts with client groups.
- Office coordination including but not limited to: mail sorting, ordering supplies, creating badges, ensuring that proper HR packets and handouts are stocked and given out appropriately, using the UC wide Tracker I9 system to complete new hire I9’s and reverifications within the system.
- Processing assistance including Processing Management Actions in PeopleConnect and PeopleSoft, auditing of processed work verifying OLPPS and PeopleSoft are aligned, and printing pertinent documentation submitted through PeopleConnect into eFile.
- Performs research and special projects (ongoing or as assigned).
- 1-3 years of experience in HR or a related field.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and guidelines (PPPG).
- Knowledge of processes and procedures for the maintenance of personnel files.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete and professional manner.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively utilize multiple systems, including web-based systems to perform daily work
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/related field
- Experience with an imaging system such as Perceptive, Image now, or any other document imaging and/or record system
- Knowledge of the organization's policies and procedures, and knowledge of the functional area.
- Sound understanding of CA employment laws
- Experience with healthcare and/or high education
$20-$24 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94118 6 Month Assignment