Design Program Manager
Program Management | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Design Program Manager 1052254
A leading digital streaming network is looking for a Design Program Manager. The successful candidate will support various operational aspects of the product teams, enabling teams to focus their time on designing, building, and shipping products. The ideal candidate has multi-project management experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, technical (SDLC) environment. The company offers a great work environment!
Design Program Manager Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $65/hr
- Worksite: Leading digital broadcasting and media company (Los Angeles, CA 90036)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment, possible extension
Design Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Help to unblock progress by connecting people and identifying problems and proactively solving them.
- Focus effort on identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, coordinating schedules, timing, and other operating matters.
- Work at both a tactical and strategic level; frequently engaging with individual designers to unblock progress, as well as design management to surface issues around process, communication, and work quality.
- Partner with Scrum Masters, Program Managers, Product Owners, and engineering to ensure successful delivery against roadmap goals and quarterly PI commitments.
- Find efficiencies by connecting similar workstreams, streamlining communications, identifying and mitigating risk, articulating standards for tools and processes, aligning schedules, and ensuring the team has the people and resources it needs.
- Be a peer to multiple team leads, supporting them and their teams in their work, while contributing perspectives to design leadership on resourcing and team growth.
- Question the relevance of existing practices and actively experiment to arrive at a streamlined set of practices that minimizes interruption of the design process, while optimizing for clarity and communication.
- Encourage designers’ ownership over their areas of responsibility, and do not succumb to babysitting.
- Lead and participate in practices that promote a healthy team culture.
- Handle logistics of relationships with external parties, such as contractors or vendors.
Design Program Manager Qualifications:
- 3+ years multi-project management experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, technical (SDLC) environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Master certification with a deep understanding of all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban, and other methodologies)
- Expert Admin JIRA user.
- Extensive experience in road mapping, planning, Gantt as well as fostering iterative processes and feedback milestones in the SDLC.
- Proficiency in Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack.
- A proactive, efficient, and resourceful communicator with the ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment.
SAFe Agilist certification in addition to ScrumMaster.
Experience with Content Management Systems, Subscription or Membership sites, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video.
Knowledge of responsive design experience on Mobile, Desktop and Large TV screens.
- Having an appreciation for design practice and process, so you can appropriately advocate for design when other members of the team aren’t there.
- Work best in an empowered environment where you can lead through the quality of your work.