AR Deduction Specialist (L)
Finance | Alpharetta, GA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
AR Deduction Specialist 839109 (L)
The DS (Deduction Specialist) provides support to the cash and deduction processes. The DS has a broad scope and will support multiple ARAs (Accounts Receivable Analyst) across multiple customer portfolios, to include a high number of customer accounts and deduction volume in a specialized capacity. In-depth/comprehensive knowledge of customer payment and deduction practices is required as well as company cash and deduction policies, to support accurate decision making across all customer portfolios. Additionally, the specialist will provide deduction trend reports and take appropriate action to assist in the improvement of the deduction resolution cycle and the overall reduction of the deduction hanging balance (DHB). At times various ad hoc projects will be assigned in support of reducing incoming deductions and enabling root cause analysis performed by ARAs. The position will manage large volumes of data in various systems to aid in the analysis. Primary systems include SAP, BW, Siebel, MEI, Microsoft Excel and Customer portals.
- Promo deduction resolution, reporting, and management:
- Proficiently use various systems and databases to create routine sales customer team performance reports for open promo deductions.
- Reports will include detailed commentary on the meaning of the report results as well as strategy and focus for remediation of negative trends.
- Reports generated by the individual in this role will be distributed internally and externally.
- Proficiency measured for applied cadence and routine consistency.
- Support as a variable resource for deduction management in compliance with internal policies and SOX regulations for the ARA team.
- Participate in ad hoc requests as needed.
- Credit memo processing and other AR and deduction support:
Retrieve deduction support prepared for valid deductions and approved for clearing.
Daily create credit memos for offsetting valid deductions.
- Promo deduction resolution, reporting, and management
- Review deduction support and identify deductions assigning correct reason code and owners for planning account and division.
- Coordinate with sales for sales review of deduction support, validation and clearing instructions for deductions.
- Send deduction support to customer support mailbox or upload directly and index in CMS
- Obtain deduction support from customer portals to upload and index into CMS
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable or collections (or equivalent education)
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, creatively and efficiently
- Strong time management, planning, and organizing skills
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to new processes and procedures
- Ability to work and make decisions independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Team player who helps create a results-focused and motivating team environment
- SAP system experience a plus
$19 per Hour Alpharetta, GA 3 Month Assignment