Administrative | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Administrative Assistant 762769
The Administrative Assistant must represent the Medical Center to referring physicians in a responsible, mature and responsive manner while interfacing with the physician by telephone or written communication. The AA assists and collaborates with the Medical Staff Office’s team as staff physicians leave and records must then be identified to reflect such departures. The AA proactively gathers and acts upon the information to assist other departments and areas. The AA also acts as a liaison in identifying problems or concerns while obtaining information for the Referral Service.
- Maintains the Medical Staff Office’s database with accurate license, billing, physical and mailing information for referring physicians which feed Medical Center’s ancillary systems such as scheduling, billing, referring physician correspondence.
- Processes requests faxed/emailed/mailed by the medical center’s schedulers and billing entities on a timely basis for new physicians by verifying critical key elements and then adding to the database accurate.
- Communicates with physicians, medical staff and state/federal licensing bureaus to obtain or verify information necessary to create the records.
- Processes VDF reports to analyze and update missing/outdated information in the database
- Responds to requests and questions about the referring physician database.
- High school graduate or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three years of progressive experience in a healthcare or health insurance setting preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, interpersonal and customer service skills, diplomacy, organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to be assertive and creative in problem-solving while functioning actively as a team member.
- Must be self-directed with being able to adapt to changes easily.
- Must also be able to perform increasingly challenging administrative tasks within a complex organization with minimal supervision and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Should be able to manage several projects at a time in a fast-paced work environment and be able to set priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, ECHO Provider database, APEX/EPIC and Outlook is required along with medical terminology background and customer service experience.
$25 per Hour Brisbane, CA 94005 12 Month Assignment