Senior Strategic Research Analyst
Strategic Research and Campaigns | Washington, DC | Full Time
Organization: The Strategic Organizing Center (SOC) is a dynamic coalition of North America’s most progressive labor unions and a leading force for social, racial and economic justice in our country today. SOC's Strategic Research and Campaigns (SRC) Team develops and executes comprehensive corporate reform campaigns in partnership with SOC affiliate unions.
Role: Senior Strategic Research Analysts (Senior SRAs) lead research projects that shape campaign strategy, and partner with SOC and affiliate field, research, legal, and communications staff to execute campaign tactics.
- Develop deep expertise in focus industries and corporations. Examine market and industry trends, analyze the growth and development plans of key market players and track relevant policy and legislative developments.
- Design and execute comprehensive research plans. Research is both qualitative and quantitative in nature, using a wide variety of research resources and methods.
- Draft and edit written work products for a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate, review and support the research and written work of junior analysts assigned to specific projects.
- Provide feedback to team members in support of their skill and professional development.
- Contribute to innovation in SOC's approach to research and campaign strategy.
- Develop and test new tools, theories and strategies in coordination with SRC leadership.
- Participate in campaign field activities with unions, workers and coalition partners.
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 5 to 8 years of experience conducting research required, including financial and corporate research
- Strong quantitative and analytic research skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent people skills
- Strong commitment to progressive social change
- Must be a team player
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including work on weekends as necessary, as the demand and needs of particular campaigns dictate.
- Experience with union, political or community organizing a plus
- Spanish and/or other non-English language skills a plus
Location: SOC’s offices are in New York City and Washington, DC. Applicants wishing to live in other geographies as their home base will be also be considered.
Compensation: $75k-81k (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Change to Win does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.