Senior Strategic Research Analyst
Strategic Research and Campaigns | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $76,000.00 to $86,000.00 per year
The Strategic Organizing Center (SOC) is seeking a Senior Strategic Research Analyst to shape strategy and tactics in campaigns that challenge America’s largest corporations to take responsibility for how their business practices impact working families and their communities. Senior Strategic Research Analysts (Sr. SRAs) design and lead novel research projects, execute innovative tactics, and mentor junior staff. The SOC – formerly Change to Win – is a dynamic coalition of North America’s most progressive labor unions and a leading force for social, racial and economic justice in our country.
Senior SRAs are integral members of SOC’s broader Strategic Research and Campaigns (SRC) team, a growing and diverse multi-disciplinary group that develops and executes comprehensive corporate reform campaigns in partnership with SOC affiliate unions. Today, our work is focused on such companies as Amazon, Activision Blizzard, McDonald’s, Starbucks, and Uber and campaigns including the Fight for $15 and Code CWA.
Senior SRA Responsibilities:
- Develop deep expertise in focus industries and corporations. Examine market and industry trends, analyze the growth and development plans of key market players and track relevant policy and legislative developments.
- Design and execute comprehensive research plans.
- Conduct research that is both qualitative and quantitative in nature, using a wide variety of research resources and methods.
- Draft and edit written work products for a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate, review and support the research and written work of junior analysts assigned to specific projects. Provide feedback to team members in support of their skill and professional development.
- Contribute to innovation in the SOC’s approach to research and campaign strategy and develop and test new tools, theories and strategies in coordination with SRC leadership.
- Participate in campaign field activities with unions, workers and coalition partners.
Senior SRA Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience conducting research, including financial and corporate research
- Strong passion for progressive social change, including exposing class-, racial- and gender-based workplace abuses, required.
- Experience with union, political or community organizing a must.
- Strong quantitative and analytical research skills a must.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Must be a team player and possess excellent people skills.
- Must be willing to work long and irregular hours, including work on weekends as necessary, as campaign needs dictate.
- A valid driver’s license and travel is required
- Spanish and/or other non-English language skills a plus
Location: The SOC’s offices are in New York City (10004) and Washington, DC (20036). The SOC offers hybrid work options from these two locations.
Compensation: $76k-$86k (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
Benefits: The SOC offers fully employer-paid comprehensive health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits) for employees, their spouses or domestic partners, and children; a 12% of salary contribution paid by the SOC to a 401K retirement plan after six months of employment; fully paid premiums for life insurance, short- and long-term disability; and ample paid time off.
Women and people of color are strongly urged to apply. The SOC does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.