Digital | New York, NY | Full Time
The Digital Strategist at The Strategic Organizing Center is responsible for developing and executing digital tactics across multiple channels to advance SOC campaigns and initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a data driven and experienced online campaigner with a clear vision on how to use digital tools in support of strategic campaigns, and has at least 3 years of experience performing similar work for a labor union, nonprofit, think tank, or advocacy organization.
- Write engaging content in support of SOC initiatives and campaigns, including social media posts, newsletters, websites, etc.
- Create a wide array of visually engaging graphics for social media, digital and print.
- Design public-facing materials like policy briefs, reports, presentations, whitepapers, etc.
- Help draft campaign plans with the Digital Director.
- Track and analyze engagement across digital channels and report your findings.
- Monitor news outlets and social media for relevant articles and content ideas.
- Update SOC-affiliated websites and participate in the development, testing and launch of new online properties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Experience developing websites (HTML, CSS, Squarespace, Wordpress).
- Experience setting up and managing digital ad campaigns (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google).
- Experience with video editing (not required, but preferred).
- Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations (not required, but preferred).
Location: This position, while currently remote, is based in The SOC’s New York City office.
Compensation: $70,615 - $77,537 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.