Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Brand Narrative & Public Affairs | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 per hour
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Senior Manager, Internal Communications. We seek a passionate and collaborative individual to manage its Internal Communications function. The Senior Manager, Internal Communications will develop and implement a holistic communications strategy that helps employees stay informed and understand how their work contributes to advancing Sesame Workshop’s mission to help children grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Communications Strategy & Public Affairs and working in close partnership with the Senior Editorial Director, the Senior Manager, Internal Communications will execute strategic planning for communications to employees and manage the development, writing, and editing of internal communications products, including the management of a new global Intranet site. The Senior Manager, Internal Communications will be responsible for establishing feedback channels and processes that drive engagement, facilitate collaboration, and inform decision-making.
The Senior Manager will also support the Senior Director, Communications Strategy & Public Affairs with thought leadership and executive visibility-raising efforts to advance Sesame Workshop’s holistic communications strategy, including preparing senior leaders for both internal and external engagements by drafting and managing talking points and related responsibilities.
The Senior Manager, Internal Communications will play a key role in fostering a culture where employees feel inspired by the Workshop’s mission and impact around the world and are empowered to engage with each other. This role reports to the Senior Director, Communications Strategy & Public Affairs.
Please Note: The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
- Develop and implement a global internal communications vision and strategy
- Support strategic planning across all internal communications channels and approaches, coordinating closely with a range of internal stakeholders, including senior executives
- Liaise with relevant teams to ensure integrated communications planning and execution and maintain an overall calendar of communications
- Implement new communication plans, tools, and processes to communicate the Workshop’s strategic priorities, keep employees engaged, and facilitate two-way communication between leadership and employees
- Oversee, develop, and curate content on a new global Intranet site
- Work with internal teams, including senior executives, to ensure that employees have the tools and support needed to implement Workshop priorities, policies, and processes; translate concepts and messages into effective communications; create templates for recurring communications such as new and departing employee announcements, HR efforts like performance appraisals and benefits enrollment, and more
- Work with key stakeholders to curate pulse surveys on timely topics
- Provide best practices and guidance to internal partners and division leaders to inform their communications within and across their teams
- Provide support on issues impacting the Workshop and its employees, including crisis communications support
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications teams to ensure alignment between internal and external messaging and leverage key storytelling moments for internal channels
- In close partnership with the Senior Director, Communications Strategy & Public Affairs and the Senior Editorial Director, write and edit content on behalf of senior executives
- Plan and execute All Staff presentations and other information communicated to employees, in collaboration with Senior Director of Board Relations and HR
- Execute All Staff meetings and select internal events; Collaborate with HR and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office to ensure alignment with their events
- Ensure the consistency, quality, and timeliness of communications
- Develop and implement metrics to assess effectiveness
- 5-7+ years of internal communications or related experience
- Experience implementing integrated internal communications strategies in complex organizations
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills with the ability to tell a good story
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Relationship-builder and strong team player with well-developed people skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities while remaining flexible and creative
- Ability to work strategically across multiple geographies and functional areas
- Independent self-starter who proactively brings new ideas to the table and finds a path to execution
- Passion for philanthropic work and making a difference for children in need around the world
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity