Finance | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Accountant. The right candidate will provide accounting support for the Domestic Media and Education departments (Sales Sponsorship, Themed Entertainment, Broadcast TV, Product Licensing, Home Video, Publishing, Interactive, Programming & Operations, Digital Production, and Education) including Royalty processing, cash application, General Ledger analyses, Journal Entries, and accounting closes.
Please Note: The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
- Assist in various functions of royalty processing and accounting, including daily posting, month end closes and interfaces into the general ledger.
- Royalty statement review and preparation for input into the Rights Management system (currently Jaguar). Ensure reporting is in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Input deal memos into Jaguar Rights Management System. Review input against executed agreements before posting.
- Maintain cash and royalty logs for Domestic Media & Education in Excel.
- Assist in daily cash application in Rights Management System and resolve items that require research.
- Prepare 3rd party payments in accordance with agreements.
- Prepare quarterly accruals and balance sheet analyses of General Ledger (currently NetSuite)
- Participate in quarterly meetings to discuss issues on missing statements and uncollected receivables.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
- B.S degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Entry Level, 1 – 3 years of industry-related experience, a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer proficiency required: spreadsheet (preferably Excel); pluses: Rights Management System (preferably Jaguar), General Ledger software (preferably NetSuite), and Reporting (preferably TM1).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity