Director, Consumer Insights
Market Research | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $110,000.00 to $120,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Director, Consumer Insights to really focus on building out strong custom capabilities and utilizing both custom and syndicated research to support the strategic needs of Sesame Workshop’s global footprint. This person will work in tandem with the Director, Consumer Insights Enterprises to form a team that can provide both strategic insights and strong sales support. This position reports to the VP, Consumer Insights.
Please note – This position is hybrid – based out of NYC. Employees are required to come to Sesame Workshop’s offices in NYC 2 days per week and can choose to work from their location of choosing the remaining 3 days.
- Act as the main point person for all global custom research outside of work specific to the Enterprises team and business
- Serve as a thought partner with all business leads and project managers across the company to understand their business and find ways to use research to answer their broader strategic questions
- Constantly meet with key business leads across markets to learn their pain points and needs and utilize research to provide intelligence when applicable
- Work in tandem with project managers to find the right research options for their specific business needs – whether that is custom work or syndicated
- Use syndicated data to provide regular landscape views into different areas of Sesame Workshop’s global or territory specific businesses.
- Work with the Enterprises research lead to support those teams and make sure questions are added to custom work that not only provide broader strategic support but also sales support
- Regularly engage in industry events (conferences, vendor meetings, etc) to continue to learn about different tools and opportunities
- BA in a related field or similar experience
- 5+ years’ experience in primary research; international experience is a plus
- Some experience with TV ratings and/or digital research tools
- Excellent organizational skills, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong grasp of statistics and experience with statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R)
- Experience with research in the children’s media space
- Experience working with international research vendors and evaluating research proposals
- Ability to project manage (both internal parties and external vendors) from RFP to final report on all projects with minimal oversight
- Team play with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural settings
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity