Coordinator, Strategy & Operations
Strategy | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Coordinator, Strategy & Social Impact and Philanthropy Operations (SIP Ops) who will play a central, critical role on the Strategy & SIP Ops team, not only by providing daily administrative support to the SVP, Strategy & SIP Ops and the broader team, but also by supporting project management and execution of strategic initiatives across the organization. Responsibilities are comprised of approximately 40-50% administrative support/calendar management for the SVP and team and 50-60% presentation, initiative and project support.
The Coordinator will also act as an inter-departmental liaison – as well as an external contact liaison – easing communications and coordination between different teams within Sesame, along with our partners and donors. To that end, diplomacy, discretion, and excellent inter-personal, written and oral communication skills are imperative.
- Administrative duties such as calendar management, obtaining signatures, scanning, tracking documents, note taking, expense report preparation, invoice submission, asset cataloging, contract approval
- Assist the SVP, Strategy & SIP Operations with the project management and execution of strategic initiatives across the organization, as well as actively monitor progress throughout each year
- Coordinate with teams across departments and international country offices to execute improvements to internal and external processes, so that the organization operates as efficiently and effectively as possible – from both a financial performance and ways of working perspective
- Prepare internal and external written communications (develop meeting agendas, capture minutes, obtain and consolidate information for newsletters, draft notices, etc.) and multi-media presentations (for Sesame staff and partners); including proofreading and fact-checking
- Plan for team travel including making arrangements, facilitation of obtaining visas, creating itineraries, creating travel briefing documents
- Office maintenance including supply ordering and unpacking, supply drawer organization, serving as point of contact for facilities issues, office space, retrieving department mail, storage management
- Other admin support, as requested
- BA/BS required or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a comparable position is preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite is required; experience with SharePoint and Nintex systems, a significant plus
- Proactive team player with an ability to spot inefficiencies, and propose effective solutions (creative problem-solving skills)
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively, handle a diverse workload, and work closely with coworkers
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to challenges and changing priorities; a “can-do” attitude
- Strong organizational and written/oral communication skills: the ideal candidate is detail oriented and is highly organized
- Strong time management skills and ability to proactively manage others’ time when necessary
- Thoughtful, concise, diplomatic, respectful, and discrete
- Results-oriented and mission-driven
- A willingness to work across time zones, nights and weekends, on a limited, as-needed basis
- Strong independent judgment and a “no-task-to-small” mindset, while performing administrative duties
- Passion for planning, process improvement and creative problem-solving, while assessing, developing, implementing, and maintaining key systems and procedures
- Diplomacy and discretion with sensitive information
- Strong commitment to Sesame’s mission – helping children everywhere grow Smarter, Stronger, and Kinder
- Strong candidates will also have experience drafting internal and external communications for executives and be well-versed in creating presentation decks.
The Strategy & Social Impact and Philanthropy (SIP) Operations team is responsible for both enterprise side strategic planning and providing Sesame’s Global Social Impact and Philanthropy division support in business operations, financial / resource planning and analysis, process improvement, and project management of strategic initiatives. The Strategy & SIP Ops team also oversees Sesame’s risk management and funder compliance efforts, assessing and identifying risks that could impede on the reputation, safety, or security of the organization, and ensuring that project activities, deliverables and spending are compliant with funder requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity