Coordinator, Licensed Publishing & Content
Licensing | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Coordinator, Licensed Publishing & Content. This position will be part of the Sesame Workshop Licensed Publishing department. The coordinator will be responsible for tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, trafficking, and supporting the editorial development of licensed children’s book titles with supervision and in collaboration with the Director of Licensed and Editorial Content. The coordinator will also be tasked with content coordination and franchise planning with both external partners and cross-functional internal teams.
Please note: The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day editorial and content partnerships for licensing department, including editing books, championing brand standards, supporting new and existing Sesame Workshop programs and franchises, reviewing concepts, manuscripts, layouts, and completing photo research
- Develop and edit children’s book titles based on Sesame Workshop IP, including picture books, nonfiction books, novelty books, board books, digital experiences, audio files, etc.
- Traffic content approval through Brand Creative, Content & Curriculum, and other internal resources at critical stages, includes independent review and decision-making and managing partner access to approval and art systems
- Foster relationships with external partners to develop project plans, brainstorm new formats and concepts, request and collect line lists, forecasts, publishing/release plans, sell-in & sell-thru data, retail updates, marketing & merchandising plans, content trends for demographic, etc.
- Draft deal memos and contract appendixes for new and existing partners
- Collaborate with marketing & publicity to plan and implement efforts for project announcements
- Collaborate with Brand Creative and Production to develop branded assets and project style guides
- Curate content for multiple business lines, i.e., Marketing, Themed Entertainment, Sponsorships, and Social Impact
- Provide editorial support for Home Video: development of back cover copy, photo captions, etc.
- Develop expertise in the publishing category, including the development of competitive and white space analyses and a deep understanding of the retail landscape.
- Assist in preparing and presenting decks and pitches at various internal and external meetings, trade shows, events, and line reviews
- Assist in the distribution and archive of final content products
- Support Senior Director with business analysis
- Liaise with the wider Consumer Products group to support company-wide strategy
- BA/BS College Degree or equivalent experience
- Project management experience preferred
- 2 years of children’s book editorial experience preferred
- Licensing experience
- Strong copyediting, proofreading, and organizational skills
- Computer Proficient: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet
- Ability to take direction
- Works well under pressure and can handle multiple responsibilities in a deadline-driven environment
- Understands sales and gross margin profitability
- Understands the publishing process and development
- Creative, media and trend-savvy
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Interest in children’s media
- Passion for organizing efficient workflow
- Self-starter with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and coordinate across teams
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Interest and eagerness in learning new systems and software
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity