Compliance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We Are San Francisco!
San Francisco Federal Credit Union has been proudly serving San Francisco since 1954. Today, anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in San Francisco and San Mateo counties may apply for membership. We currently serve more than 45,000 members with assets over $1 billion. San Francisco FCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender.
The Internal Auditor(IA) will contribute to the success of the Credit Union by effectively participating in risk assessment activities; creating and utilizing audit tools; staying abreast of industry (financial, compliance, regulatory and audit) news and standards; and establishing stakeholder relationships to a mutually respectful, trusted, and productive level. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for the day-to-day internal audit operations including the planning and execution of operational and compliance audits of the Credit Union’s activities and will assist management in evaluating risks; internal controls, new processes, systems, and products; and recommend the efficient and proper use of resources to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures and all applicable regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Resolve all audit findings and exceptions and ensure that they completed timely and accurately. Design processes and augment procedures to ensure proper controls, processes and procedures are in place to remedy the audit findings and exceptions
• Design, build and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Credit Union’s internal audit program
• Identify, measure and report on operational risks through a collaborative risk assessment process
• Conduct periodic compliance and audit reviews in accordance with established standards and practices
• Assist in the development of a comprehensive annual audit plan and identify emerging issues that may impact the audit plan
• Ensure the audit plan is executed as designed, and prepare regular reports on progress
• Prepare audit reports and communicate the scope of work performed, audit observations made and recommended remediation efforts to key stakeholders
• Monitor trends and changes in regulatory compliance laws, rules and regulations: collaborate with outside sources as well as all internal staff to discuss and required actions
• Coordinates, facilitates, plans, writes and edits the ongoing documentation efforts for policies and procedures related to risk, audit and internal controls
• Develop and maintain a library of compliance resources, utilizing the resources of the California Credit Union League, Policy Works, Credit Union National Association (CUNA), National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and other sources
• Assign reasonable risk ratings and prioritize internal audit work such that Credit Union resources are directed at the highest risk areas
• Communicate audit results with Credit Union leadership and work with employees to ensure that audit findings and recommendations are understood
• Act as the liaison between the Credit Union and contract auditors, external auditors, regulatory examiners, and Supervisory Committee
• Assist in conducting investigations of actual or suspected internal fraud
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience requirements
• Demonstrated ability in creating, enhancing and building audit programs
• Proficient in using MS Office: Word, Excel to build templates, pivot tables, logs and reports
• A Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance
• At least 5 years of total audit experience in public or internal audit in the credit union, banking, or financial services industry
• Broad knowledge of accounting, auditing and internal control principles, practices and theory of financial institution operations, products and services, regulations and technology
• Proficiency in GAAP and in-depth knowledge of internal audit standards, procedures and techniques
• Thorough understanding of advanced risk management concepts and knowledge of banking practices and regulations is essential
Physical requirements, reasonable accommodation and work environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodations
• Ability to move within an office complex environment
• Ability to write by hand and use keyboard and mouse extensively to perform office functions
• Ability to communicate by speech and hearing continuously
• Visual acuity needed for detail work and computer use
• Ability to occasionally stand, kneel, crouch, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to occasionally lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds (supplies or equipment)
• Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk
SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision also includes the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any one of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
DISCLAIMER* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.