Registration / Data Entry Specialist
People's Health Centers | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers (PHC), founded in 1972, has been at the forefront of providing quality health care to the St. Louis metropolitan area for over 40 years. The mission of PHC is to provide comprehensive primary health care, such as pediatrics, internal medicine, OB/GYN, dental, mammography, behavioral health, pharmacy, radiology, podiatry and laboratory services, to meet the health needs of the entire community. PHC is committed to serving the impoverished, uninsured populations in St. Louis and St Louis County communities. With four (4) conveniently located health centers, and a friendly welcoming staff, PHC aspires to serve all the health care and wellness needs of the entire family.
- Provide support with the daily activities of the department. Register all clients by entering and updating data into the computer for storage, processing and data management purposes.
- High School diploma required with some college courses preferred.
- 1-3 years clerical experience
- formal computer training an advantage
- proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
- strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with patients, physicians and staff.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and/or a 10 key calculator
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Ability to handle problems involving patients and maintain a customer oriented attitude