Outreach Clinical Supervisor
Hopewell Center-Downtown St. Louis | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
ALM Hopewell Center is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Organization that provides comprehensive mental health services to children and adults in the northern and central parts of the City of St. Louis and North St. Louis City. A professional mental health staff serves a growing caseload of 2,800 patients, of which greater than ninety-five percent are chronically mentally ill and suffering from major psychiatric disorders. Hopewell Center operates a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Center and a Comprehensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center for adults and youth.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for supervising and providing day-to-day services, to include needs of consumers and meeting all program requirements established by the Department of Mental Health and/or other governing entities. This supervisor is the overseer of all outreach services provided at the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises outreach staff including overseeing clinical interventions and corresponding documentation. This includes providing clinical supervision to ensure the appropriateness of care and interventions. It also includes administrative duties such as tracking outcomes of staff intervention and overall performance.
- Attends meetings for programs and collaborates with other organizations such as BHN, BHR, Law Enforcement, DMH, and other CCBHO/CMHCs as needed.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, etc. and eligibility as a QMHP (Qualified Mental Health Professional).
- 2 years of employment history in mental/behavioral health.
- Leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations of the program to which the employee is assigned.
- Detailed knowledge of the problems encountered by persons with mental illness and how to assess the various community resources available.
- Aptitudes to develop, coordinate, and evaluate services within the assigned program responsibilities.
- Capability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to produce clear and concise reports.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all aspects of outreach staff
- Take an active role in monitoring the identification, development, and execution of strategic objectives
- Involve, as appropriate, all employees in order to achieve goals
- Effective communicate to employees any changes and news worthy events within the department of company to all employees to ensure practice
- Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion and Human Resource’s advice to show respect for the individual
- Champion change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas
- Reinforce team approach throughout functions; support and solicit input from team members at all levels with the company
- Complete evaluations of employees and communicate results as required
- Collects and maintains data on outcomes.