Hopewell Center-Downtown St. Louis | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
ALM Hopewell Center provides comprehensive mental health services to children and adults in the northern and central parts of the City of St. Louis and North St. Louis City. A professional mental health staff serves a growing caseload of 2,800 patients, of which greater than ninety-five percent are chronically mentally ill and suffering from major psychiatric disorders. Hopewell Center operates a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Center and a Comprehensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center for adults and youth.
Summary of Duties:
The Office Manager is responsible for supervising and providing day-to-day services, overall direction, planning, and organization of Health Information Services Department and Front Desk Staff. Provide and Implement strategies to meet the needs of a diverse population, guide and direct appointment processing, patient registration and reception area for the Adult Outpatient Clinic. Works with internal and external team members to accomplish goals. Supervises HIM staff and ensures the authorized release of patient/client information of individuals, family members, hospitals, physicians, attorneys, and others ensuring compliance with federal laws, Missouri statutes, and facility policy prior to the release of such information; supervises the tracking of all such requests. Develops and directs educational trainings for facility personnel on health information issues applicable to their field of work.
- Successfully complete the academic requirements, of at least an associate's degree or bachelor's degree level of a Health Information Management (HIM) program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIM).
- RHIT or RHIA certificate or willingness to obtain.
- 2-3 years of experience managing medical records.
- 2-3 years of experience supervising others.
- Experience working in a medical or community mental health center is preferred.
Benefits Summary: 401k with matching option, Vacation/Sick, LTD, STD, Paid Holidays, EAP, Mileage Reimbursement, Health, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance.