Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Ferguson Site | Ferguson, MO | Full Time
People’s Family of Corporations
People’s Healthcare Services by Home State Health
Reports To: Clinical administrator/ Site manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: People’s Family of Corporations is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will consistently perform according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative new environment designed to meet patients where they are. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will assist the medical team in various tasks in People’s Healthcare Services by Home State Health Clinics, new health collaboration with Centene, Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers, and Schnucks. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide nursing care to patients in a health care facility by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with daily preparation of exam rooms and by securing supplies and equipment, making sure all items are secured at the close of each day’s operation.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Responsible for tracking per health center policy.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with scope of practice.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Initiates patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or health center policy including patient and family instruction.
- Rotates among various clinical services of institution such as women’s health, orthopedics, pediatrics, and internal medicine.
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies for procedures.
- Assists in procedures by handing items to providers.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
Education: Fifth Year College or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*We will contact you if we believe your skills and qualifications meets our business needs.*