Certified Peer Specialist
Hopewell Center-Downtown St. Louis | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
ALM Hopewell Center provides comprehensive mental health services to children and adults in the northern and central parts of the City of St. Louis and North St. Louis City. A professional mental health staff serves a growing caseload of 2,800 patients, of which greater than ninety-five percent are chronically mentally ill and suffering from major psychiatric disorders. Hopewell Center operates a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Center and a Comprehensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center for adults and youth. Many services are provided at schools. Emergency services, including a crisis bed and mobile outreach, are available twenty-four hours per day. A multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, counselors, social workers, educators, and support staff work diligently to carry out the mission of providing comprehensive care to patients and their families.
At ALM-Hopewell Center, the Peer Specialist is who is responsible for assisting and empowering peer consumers by identifying a main concern, developing strength based independent living plans that includes a measurable goal and objectives, and carrying out the independent living plans with the peer consumers. The Peer Specialist helps fellow peers cultivate their independence, self-confidence, and self-esteem in a residential setting. The specialist empowers other people with disabilities to explore new options, resources, relationships, feelings, attitudes, and rights. The Peer Specialist is a companion, educator, advocate and friend to consumers. The age group that this position will be working with is 16-25 years.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Inform Peer Consumers of available programs and services and assist in referrals to other agencies/community partners that will assist the consumer in meeting his/her goal of independent living
- Meet with consumers in their own homes, at designated offices and by phone as need to ensure continued consumer satisfaction and progress towards the independent living plan goal
- Ensure that consumers have full and unbiased access to a variety of services and service providers to meet their specific needs
- Assist Peer Consumer in carrying out each objective of the residential treatment plan
- Abide by 9 CSR 30-4.039 (13) providing services that are person centered and recovery focused
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
Participant in recovery support services
Strong desire for employment and strong desire to help others
Self starter who enjoys working independently
Experience that demonstrates organization and planning abilities.
Certified Peer Specialist (Preferred)