Accounts Payable Specialist
People's Health Centers | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Summary : Detail focused individual who will assist the Accounting Manager in coordinating the daily departmental operations and financial analysis for the organization. Monitor on-going costs, prepare statistics and analyze trends and variances.
- Manage accounts payable using accounting software and other programs, analyze/review workflow process in Concur
- Coding of invoices
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment and reconciliation of subsidiary to general ledger .
- Implement tactical processes, enforce policies and monitor internal controls.
- Review purchase orders, invoice totals, terms of payment and other charges (i.e. ensure that the organization is not accessed any taxes, late fees or finance charges)
- Reconciling vendor statements to ensure organization accounts for all possible invoices and credits
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at designated facility site.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the senior accountant and controller.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Maintaining historical records
- Continuing to improve the accounts payable process (i.e. identify systemic root causes related to the general ledger, accounting software, establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors, etc.)
- Produce monthend and year end reports
- Assist the superviosrs and managers with the problems regarding accruals, invoices, stale checks, expense periods nad inventory
- Collects W9 information and maintains the AP tax information to meet IRS regulation
- Assist in year end 1099 processing and preparation by verifying all data paid in aplicable year
- Maintains the integrity of the vendor master file to ensure payments are aged properly
- Assist in the preparation of the annual year end audit
- Compliance with GAAP
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or contribute to an environment that fosters teamwork, effective communication and responsiveness
- Ability to prioritize, effectively handle multiple projects concurrently, and take ownership of work
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work extended hours during accounting close, audit periods and other critical times
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information
- Ability to maintain a balanced perspective in rapidly changing business circumstances
- Basic data entry skills
- Comfortable with math and calculations
- Good listening and communication skills
- Accurate and meticulous in data entry
- Able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma and one to three years accounting experience, two years computer operations experience in a mainframe environment, including data processing, reports and system maintenance. Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
Preferred Education: Associate’s (A.A.) or Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
Computer Skills: Proficient use of spreadsheets. Have a working knowledge of accounting software, IBM A/S 400, Microsoft Access, Excel and Word applications.