Media | New York, NY | Full Time
The Search Supervisor manages the search team’s day-to-day activities on specific client account(s), ensuring execution and quality of campaigns that support effective, innovative, and strategic solutions. Supervises, trains and supports Planners and Coordinators, ensuring quality control and that timeliness are met for all work products. Reports directly to the Search AMD and Performance GMD.
Strategy & Landscape Expertise
- Identifying new opportunities to drive revenue & profitability and actively participate in formulating strategies to capitalize on new opportunities.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search in accordance with client goals.
- Contribute to the development and execution of market strategies for a portfolio of brand's and their paid search campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, analyzing results and developing actionable insights.
- Develop an understanding of client’s internal politics, goals and risks.
- Staying current on SEM strategies, best practices, industry trends, competitive landscape and keyword ecosystem.
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, on-line marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings.
Client & Account Management
- Manage, review, and perform daily account responsibilities associated with Google AdWords, Yahoo, Bing, and other search platforms for a variety of clients.
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score, and other important account metrics.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum return on paid search campaigns.
- Managing campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Provide creative copy suggestions and proactively recommend shifts in strategy on the fly.
- Provide oversight, manage, and be able to generate weekly and monthly client reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other paid search initiatives.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance client goals.
Communication & Team Development
- Act as the main point of contact for the client, internal departments, and third-party providers.
- Work collaboratively with other marketing and analytics team members to optimize paid search campaigns to achieve broader marketing goals and initiatives; aligning with attribution, media-mix, comms strategy, and customer funnel strategies.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Provide oversight and work closely with the other team members to meet client goals
- Demonstrate thought leadership and professional communication skills by developing and delivering client facing materials, such as presentations, Point of Views, business cases, and performance reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and presentation), both in articulating ideas and in conveying to clients and internal teams.
- Ability to convey knowledge and articulate instruction to junior team, members for training purposes
- Strong working understanding of the SEM industry, including major platforms (AdWords, Bing Ads, and Gemini) and supporting bid management tools and technology (ie. Marin/Kenshoo).
- Understanding of digital marketing and how SEM fits into larger marketing initiatives.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Proficiency in managing moderate to large scale PPC accounts in a variety of different business verticals.
- 3-5 years of experience managing large-scale, high-volume Paid Search campaigns.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience in optimization and interpreting test results and drawing conclusions.
- Experience in using adserving platforms and digital analytics tools.
- Expert ability in keyword research, ad copy writing, landing page optimization, and bid management.
Who You Are
- Passion for search and internet marketing.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, an analytical mind-set.
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to learn new industries and new business types quickly and can apply this knowledge to internet marketing initiatives and achieving client goals.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.