Assistant Media Planner
Media | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 per year
Who we are
We are Noble People. A modern creative media agency. We develop original, bold and provocative media ideas for some of the most exciting brands in the world.
Media ideas that aren’t media.
Media that isn’t freaking boring.
Brand ideas that people love.
We do communications strategy, media planning and buying, and reporting and optimization – but with a lens that respects creativity and without the bullshit that comes along with most media agencies. We are passionate. We have strong values based on integrity and honesty. We find smarter ways to make an impact. We strip out the nonsense and do away with the old rules. We take a modern, transparent, and innovative approach to media – again, always through a creative lens.
The Assistant Media Planner assists in the development of effective, innovative, and strategic solutions and is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and execution of approved media plans. The Assistant Media Planner also provides support to key team members in daily account management. Reports directly to the Media Supervisor.
What you'll do
Account & Client Management
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of assigned accounts (billing issues, budget revisions, flowchart updating, competitive analysis, post-buy analysis, etc.). Maintains detailed and accurate records. Monitors media agreements and contracts with outside media vendors.
- Produces work that delivers on client goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results. Constantly seeks and creates creative opportunities in both media choice and usage to increase visibility/impact.
- Works closely with the Media Planner in the development and direction of media strategies and POV’s. Conducts media research, brainstorms, evaluates data, and develops points of view. Understands various media and their applications against client strategies and goals.
- Works to understand the client's business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with Media Supervisor and Media Planners, keeping them abreast of day-to-day status and flagging and elevating any concerns.
Vendor & Media Evaluation
- Evaluates publications, websites, broadcast, outdoor locations, etc. for their relevance in accomplishing client’s strategic goals.
- Evaluates inventory against audience segments for a range of media vehicles (display, video, mobile, paid social, native) to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Studies demographic data/consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for online advertising.
- Stays abreast of key developments/trends/issues in media (e.g., population, demographic, lifestyle, media usage changes).
- Maintains effective relationships with media vendors, ensuring Noble People is represented in a positive way.
Campaign Execution & Maintenance
- Assists Media Planner to ensure proper progression of media buys, such as timely issuance and receipt of client authorizations, delivery of paperwork to vendors, specs to creative agencies, delivery of creative assets to vendors, etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicles.
- Using multiple sources of external data, performs campaign analysis directly relevant to, and to assist in, optimizations, planning, and/or buying decisions.
- Implements, traffic, troubleshoots, and analyzes digital campaigns using a third party ad server.
- Monitors media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight-date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
Our Must Haves
- Aptitude for learning new skills is essential.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize with multiple projects, clients with different timelines and deliverables.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with or familiarity with using spreadsheets/Excel for organization and calculations.
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationships with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Some travel and after hours and work required.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages, and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints, and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunity
We are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability, or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience, and perspective
We take care of you
Noble People offers a generous time off package of 15 PTO days per annum, Safe & sick days, Personal and Birthday PTO as well as Summer Fridays, Mental Health & Wellness days, and a Sabbatical Program if you are with the agency 7 or more years.
We offer a comprehensive healthcare plan for eligible employees and their families which includes Medical with Telehealth/virtual care options, Dental, Vision, 401K, STD, LTD, Life Insurance
Lastly, we allow for a cell phone reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Flexible Spending Account, daily snacks, and much more.
Noble People is a 100% vaccinated office.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide a record of full vaccination unless granted a lawfully recognized exemption.