Janitor- Production Facility
Kitchen | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Gourmet Gorilla’s mission is to strive for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and sustainable school meals and healthier eating options!
Janitor Job Purpose
Cleans and provides upkeep for spaces and building, performs basic repairs, maintains cleaning supplies, operates cleaning equipment.
Janitor Job Duties
- Cleans and keeps up various surfaces and material within a building or space
- Sweeps and mops floors
- Vacuums and steam cleans carpets
- Washes windows and launders drapes
- Cleans and disinfects toilets and replenishes supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and paper towels
- Responds to urgent situations, such as spills, that require quick action
- Orders cleaning supplies and equipment and maintains an appropriate stock at all times
- Mixes liquids and solvents from basic materials to create effective cleaning supplies
- Operates and maintains equipment such as vacuums and floor cleaners
- Collects and removes trash from a building or space
- Makes minor repairs as necessary, including tasks such as changing light bulbs and fixing leaks
- Notifies supervisor when major repairs, including structural issues or highly skilled tasks, are required
- Monitors heat, cooling, and other environmental systems
- Maintains a level of security in a building, such as locking doors, storing keys, and using access codes for restricted areas and rooms
- Performs outdoor upkeep as necessary, including mowing grass, shovelling snow, and maintaining entrances and walkways
Janitor Skills and Qualifications
Cleaning and Maintenance, Physical Stamina, Physical Dexterity, Agility, Knowledge of Chemicals and Solvents, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Ability to Work Independently, Supply Management, Knowledge of Electrical Work and Carpentry.
- Previous janitorial experience required.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates: