Inventory Warehouse Associate
Kitchen | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
Inventory Warehouse Associate for Gourmet Gorilla, School Food Service
The Inventory Warehouse Associate assists with the receiving of vendor deliveries, managing of temperature-sensitive raw products, the staging of raw ingredients for production teams, transferring of products between kitchen locations, the staging of recipes for cook teams, and the staging of bulk products for deliveries the next day. This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness for all inventory dry and refrigerated storerooms and product locations. Our inventory space is broken up into three temperature-controlled environments, applicants must be comfortable working in dry, refrigerated, and frozen environments, in a temperature of 40 degrees F for 3 hours and -5 degrees F for a period of 35 minutes.
The Inventory Associate must have exceptional attention to detail, have the ability to work at a high pace while ensuring the accuracy of staged items, and must be able up to 50lbs regularly and use pallet jack, hand trucks, and other warehouse equipment. Must also be able to walk up and down stairs multiple times a day while carrying products.
Please inquire with resume and cover letter. Background and drug testing will be conducted prior to employment.
- Assists in the receiving of raw goods and products from vendors.
- Putting away of raw product into item storerooms
- Staging of raw products for portioning teams.
- Staging of recipes and raw products for cook and prep teams
- Maintaining cleanliness of inventory storerooms which includes but is not limited to sweeping, mopping floors, and scrubbing shelving units.
- Transferring of products between different locations in the kitchen.
- Staging of bulk delivery items and milk products for next day delivery
- Perform end of the month inventory counts
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- Hours: AM & PM Shifts Available
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Location: 1200 W Cermak
- Start: Immediately
- Pay: DOE - Hourly, starting at $15 per hour.
- Applicant must be reliable, punctual, presentable
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally climb stairs
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements
- Strong communication skills