Food Services Production Chef - Sauces
Kitchen | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Gourmet Gorilla is looking for a Food Services Production Chef - Sauces to add to our large batch scratch cooking culinary team. This position will be very dynamic and requires attention to detail and to be very organized.
A successful candidate is one who is focused, competitive and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver good food to kids! You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation, and manage challenges with energy, balance and perseverance.
Familiarity with large batch cooking equipment a plus including:
- 60-gallon steam kettle and 30-gallon tilt skillet
- Roll in combi ovens and blast chillers
- Large mixers and buffalo choppers
Attention to detail on every level is absolutely required. Must have great knife skills, speed, accuracy and knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements; safe serve managers certification a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.:
- Understands and is able to communicate the philosophy of Gourmet Gorilla and on a daily basis helps to deliver information to the nutrition and culinary management staff.
- Executes and supervises the large scale food production of sauces in the central commissary to ensure compliance with federal, state and company regulations and policies.
- Assists in coordinating and integrating department functions and responsibilities to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness while monitoring performance against the annual departmental budget.
- Under the direction of the Production Manager, manages documentation, storage and transportation of ingredients for sauce production.
- Tests and manages sauce recipe development.
- Supports and understands company ules, human resources policies and procedures and labor contract provisions.
Education and Related Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent advanced training pertinent to the position requirements, such as advanced culinary degree, business, education, purchasing, nutrition, etc.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in large-scale (minimum 2000 meals) food service, food preparation and menu planning, with experience in school based programs preferred; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Over two years experience in at least two of which was in a supervisor capacity with oversight of staff numbers in excess of 10 is preferred.
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Current Serve Safe Certification or State/County Food Handler’s Certificate (must acquire after one month)
Technical Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- English language skills
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Basic math and accounting skills
- Personal computer, keyboarding and word processing skills
- Customer service and public relations skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Methods and techniques of overseeing and managing large-scale nutrition service program operations, including cost accounting techniques and training methods
- Stand for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds.
- Manage confidentiality in all aspects of job.
- Manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Prepare and maintain records, compile and verify data and prepare reports for nutrition and culinary management team.
- Follow all HACCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, studies and other written materials.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, mainly daytime hours, though additional hours and time periods may be required.
Bi-lingual a plus.
Please send a resume and a short statement of why you qualify for the job.
$12-$16 per hour.