Finished Goods Supply Chain Manager
Logistics | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
To strive for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and sustainable school meals and healthier eating options.
We are seeking a strong candidate to join our Logistics department. A successful candidate is one who is focused, dedicated and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver good food to kids. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. An ability to facilitate and be part of a team is essential. Have an innate empathy with a keen interest in educating or being educated while building community in and around the organization. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation. Manage challenges with energy, balance and perseverance.
The ideal Supply Chain Manager candidates are personable, energetic, highly organized, process driven and hard working. Individuals should have a passion for logistics and should enjoy working with a team. This position will be responsible for providing operational support and guidance to ensure maximum productivity, mentoring the Logistics team and promoting excellence in customer service. The goal of this individual is to take responsibility for operational strategies, processes, systems, growth, productivity, culture and financial commitments of the Logistics Department, and improve productivity and efficiency and reduce costs while executing 100% order fulfillment and on time delivery.
- Create Logistics supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency
- Collaborate with other departments to close operational gaps
- Balance safety, cost management and business growth, and prepare and submit reports
- Handle communications and negotiations with external partners
- Collaborate with Logistics Manager and other departments to ensure all operations (e.g. deliveries) meet quality and safety standards
- Support Logistics Manager in recruitment and interviewing of candidates who possess the skills necessary to help achieve delivery goals.
- Train and coach team members to consistently develop strong customer rapport, safe driving, accuracy, and vehicle maintenance
- Collaborate in the planning, implementation, and follow-up of Delivery Center operational tasks and projects
- Proactively control expenses, including staffing, supplies, vehicle maintenance and services.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, especially Culinary and Customer ervice.
- Represent Gourmet Gorilla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company
- Create reporting metrics, and actively review data and information with Senior Management
- Maintain a constant focus on improving the Gourmet Gorilla delivery experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required, minimum 5 years of work experience in management and operations
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines
- Proven ability to problem solve and achieve results
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Able to work early mornings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Suite and experience with routing planner applications preferred
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and communicate relevant information across all levels of the organization
- Fluent in English (bilingual in Spanish is a plus)
- Consistent record of customer service excellence
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record
- Full Time Salaried Position with Benefits
- Early morning hours
- Location: 1200 W Cermak Rd., Pilsen, Chicago
- Start: Immediately
- Salary: DOE
- Please submit resume and cover letter
- Please provided three references