Logistics | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
A fast-growing, mission-driven healthy school meal food service company is seeking a reliable, friendly and experienced Logistics Dispatcher to join our energetic team. The ideal candidate will possess super customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment, flexibility to work with Gourmet Gorilla staff and school administration. In this position you will have the opportunity to gain skills and experience, grow within the company, and help us achieve our mission of providing nutritious meals to all children. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency.
Must have valid Driver's License.
Applicant must have a clean driving record, reliable, presentable, flexible can-do attitude, as well as attention to detail and timeliness. Please inquire with resume and cover letter. Background checks are conducted.
Gourmet Gorilla Dispatcher
- Help troubleshoot daily deliveries, re-deliveries and other expediting issues.
- Monitor delivery routes and maintain and manage activity log and delivery receipts.
- Track drivers through GPS tracking software to ensure on-time deliveries and provide updates to customers as needed.
- Respond to and track customers' calls and inquires for help and information related to deliveries.
- Operate and drive industrial forklift to load and unload deliveries and materials on to trucks and storage areas
- Assist with routing and managing routing software.
- Full Time Position with benefits
- 5 Days / Weekday
- Location: 1200 W Cermak Rd., Pilsen, Chicago
- Start: Immediately
- Pay: DOE
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Clean driving record & background check
- Applicant must be a problem solver, reliable, punctual, presentable
- Good time-management skills and works well under pressure
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- 1 + year in Logistics / Dispatcher role
- Knowledge of Chicagoland streets and geography a plus
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and climb stairs
- Fluent in English (bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus)
- Ability to multitask with different, and sometimes conflicting events happening at the same time.
- Ability to relay information in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under stress and remain calm and calm others during rapidly changing circumstances.