Equipment Maintenance & Sanitation Supervisor
Kitchen | Gourmet Gorilla | Part Time and Contract
Gourmet Gorilla Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor
A fast-growing, mission-driven school lunch catering company is seeking a reliable & friendly vehicle maintenance supervisor/mechanic to join our energetic team. This position will be responsible for checking vehicles for damage, scheduling service appointments, refueling vehicles, and generally maintaining Gourmet Gorilla's fleet of vehicles.
The ideal candidate will possess superb customer service skills and will be a self-starter, as much of the vehicle maintenance will be up to this person's management/discretion. In this position, you will have the opportunity to join a family-owned company with a startup feel, gain skills and experience in the organic food distribution industry, grow within the company, and help us achieve our mission of providing nutritious meals to all children. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Applicant must have a clean driving record, reliable, presentable, can-do attitude as well as attention to detail and timeliness. Please inquire with resume and cover letter. Background checks are conducted.
- Manage a sanitation team of 5 people
- Assist with sanitation duties as needed as part of a 6 person team
- Repair and maintain culinary machinery in good working order, spare parts lists, manuals.
- Build a preventative maintenance or TPM schedule for all culinary equipment
- Repair and maintain coolers and freezers in good working order
- Monitor the refrigeration system 24/7 on-call with cell phone alerts
- Ability to paint and repair floors and walls
- Ability to conduct minor repairs to overhead doors
- Ability to conduct minor repairs to locks and latches
- Management of deep cleaning tasks, hoods, ice machines, floor drains on a scheduled basis
- Preferred but not required, maintenance to refrigeration units (EPA license and refrigeration training a plus)
- Assist with small mechanical jobs with logistics team like wing mirror replacements or temperature monitoring installations.
- Full-Time Hours: 10 am – 6 pm (approx.)
- Days: Monday – Friday occasional weekend days for specific maintenance projects, painting floors walls or emergency on calls, typically once or twice a quarter.
- Location: 1200 W Cermak, Chicago Illinois 60608
- Start: Immediately
Salary DOE, Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation
- Must have a valid drivers' license
- Clean driving record & background check
- Applicant must be reliable, punctual, presentable
- Previous experience as a machine mechanic and or refrigeration mechanic a plus.